Pre-Game Talk: Senators vs Boston | 7:30pm, Sportsnet East

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Bruins fan coming in peace. Very impressed with how your team is battling thru adversity. Too many teams just pack it in and play for a high draft pick. Hope you make the playoffs.

The Bruins aren't playing very physical right now. Technically very sound, and rarely out of position. But, not banging like you see in the playoffs. I think this was exposed a little bit in the game in Boston. Many posters confuse fighting with physical. Fighting someone once a game doesn't mean you're a tough, hard-nosed player. Finishing your checks and not turning away from them is physical. Playing hard for 60 minutes is the tougher player. Curious how the game develops tonight. Hoping the Bruins respond with some hits if it gets to be that type of game.

This is a point I have been trying to make for the better part of two years on the Sens boards, only to be tuned out.

Hopefully the same sentiment, echoed by a Bruins fan of all people, might be enough for the point to stick home a little more than usual.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Pumped up, got 100 level box seats for this one tonight....last time i went box Bish put up his god like performance against MTL, hoping Lehner can provide the same!

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
This is a point I have been trying to make for the better part of two years on the Sens boards, only to be tuned out.

Hopefully the same sentiment, echoed by a Bruins fan of all people, might be enough for the point to stick home a little more than usual.

so true. that's basically the gist of the "toughness" thread on this board.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
What was the last time we beat the Bruins?

Edit: better question: how many times have we beat them in the past 3 seasons?

Feb 28th, 2012 we beat them 1-0.

From 2009 till present we have gone 5-20 with them. Too lazy to take out losses and put them as OTL/SOL.

http://mcubed.net/nhl/otw/bos.shtml

That site is pretty handy. Has all the games played between the clubs since 92. Seems to be a little slow on the updates for this season tho.

Last edited:

SenatorsHockey

Sweet hockey body
Jan 6, 2009
Ottawa
Michalek not a practice, Latendresse in his spot. Hopefully his knee isn't acting up although I have to admit, the idea of him playing despite possibly needing offseason knee surgery worries me.

Senacus Maximus

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
Feb 28th, 2012 we beat them 1-0.

From 2009 till present we have gone 5-20 with them. Too lazy to take out losses and put them as OTL/SOL.

http://mcubed.net/nhl/otw/bos.shtml

That site is pretty handy. Has all the games played between the clubs since 92. Seems to be a little slow on the updates for this season tho.

Thanks for the info. That is a horrible record. Without Thomas around maybe we can turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad