GDT: Senators vs Boston | 7:30pm, Sportsnet East | Latendresse returns

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I know exactly how I would score in the next shoot out if I was K-Dawg...

Do the same move, but make it a half spin, then spin back the other direction. The goalie would bite so hard on that he wouldn't have a chance.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Respect to Weircioch...

However that was a hit to the numbers, despite Neils angle...

maybe... maybe not. I'm an ottawan, not a lunatic bostonian, so imo, accidents happen. We'll survive accidents. I have a problem with non-accidents, which is what injured karlsson. This? I can let it go.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
If Daug had just tucked that puck in a little he would have caught a wide open 5 hole. It is pretty amazing that Ottawa can go toe to toe against a team like Boston which has had no significant injuries this year and make em sweet a little.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
How did Latendresse play? Did he fit in with the top line? I realize it's only his first game back, just curious.

He played pretty well for a guy that's been out for so long. I imagine that if he can stay healthy and in the line-up that he'll improve a bit. He's got good hands and he's great at scoring goals from the hashmarks in so hopefully he can build on last night's game. It would be nice to be able to run:

Michalek - Smith - Alfredsson
Latendresse - Turris - Silfverberg

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
How did Latendresse play? Did he fit in with the top line? I realize it's only his first game back, just curious.

Aside from the nice goal - he still has decent hands, he was an anchor on the line all night. Slow, out of step, and not adding to the effectivness of the line. I was at the game and he looked sluggish as heck.

But, not a lot of options, so try to keep setting him up to get some goals.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Why? The guy isn't a superstar so everyone who was watching the game should have known he wouldn't score the second he started at center ice. Has this guy even scored a goal this year? I don't think i'm being too hard on this guy here the guy cost the Sens a point trying to show off.

Huh? He scored a game-winnng shootout vs Lundquist a couple of weeks ago with pretty sick move.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Is the reaction to Daug's goal what this sport is coming too? Or is it a pile on Ottawa thing? I do not remember this much reaction over the many many many NHL trick shootout attempts where a shot is not even rendered...

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Question, if Daug's shoot out try had gone in the net, do you think it would be allowed?

I'm not sure since he was pretty well in the crease and making contact with Rask.

I also thought the puck had to have continuos forward motion, and wouldn't the spin break that motion? I guess the spinner has been allowed before.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Question, if Daug's shoot out try had gone in the net, do you think it would be allowed?

I'm not sure since he was pretty well in the crease and making contact with Rask.

I also thought the puck had to have continuos forward motion, and wouldn't the spin break that motion? I guess the spinner has been allowed before.

I believe they put in a rule specifically to allow spin-o-rama type moves.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Is the reaction to Daug's goal what this sport is coming too? Or is it a pile on Ottawa thing? I do not remember this much reaction over the many many many NHL trick shootout attempts where a shot is not even rendered...

It's a funny thing, the shootout was brought in to make the game more exciting, yet whenever a player does a fancy move more often than not they are criticized for being showboats. Linus Omark got trashed by many players and analysts for doing a dipsy doodle at the blueline. Just more reason why the shootout should be after a much longer OT.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
The Daugavins move was a joke. I'm curious how many teammates and coaches would be on side with his decision when the game is on the line. Save it for the all- star game......not that he'd ever be there!

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
The Daugavins move was a joke. I'm curious how many teammates and coaches would be on side with his decision when the game is on the line. Save it for the all- star game......not that he'd ever be there!

4835051969_dbfd1bdf15.jpg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Historically the Sv% in the shootout is about 67%, so the fact that Daug came within a fraction of a second (Rask just barely got the leg across in time) of scoring means he did better than most attempts do. Coach probably told him "you'll get him next time".

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
No outrage here and certainly not false outrage as you surmise. Just sticking to the facts.....it didn't work and the Sens lost the game!

The Sens lost that game because:

a) Lehner gave up another soft goal giving the Bruins life

b) Phillips missed a glorious chance to end it in OT when he fumbled a beauty of a pass by Greening

c) Silfverburg missed the net completely and Alfredsson tried a half-hearted move a beer league goalie could have telegraphed.

Take your pick.

Me, I'm not going to blame the guy who tried something different and STILL had a better chance to score then the two guys ahead of him in the shootout.

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.
Bs fan here. My overall feeling coming out of this game was that it was one in which both of the teams involved can look at with some pride. I was extremely impressed by Ottawa's (Binghamton's?) intensity and effort, as well as the lightning speed with which they executed plays in the offensive zone. On the other hand, I was glad to see that the B's, after a horrendous start, eventually (and spurred by the fourth-liners' efforts) got back to their system, and were able to sustain it through most of the last two periods. I would not by any stretch consider it a collapse on the Sens' part because they too, were able to generate chances (albeit less frequent) in the latter periods, forcing Rask to make some big stops.

BTW I was glad that Neil wasn't badly hurt by McQuaid's hit, and do not think the knee-on-knee with Kelly was intentional.

BigZKingK

Mar 4, 2012
No outrage here and certainly not false outrage as you surmise. Just sticking to the facts.....it didn't work and the Sens lost the game!

ya because dauggy have such a elite wrister would have scored for sure

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Wow. So many boys with their panties in a knot!

KDaug didn't lose the game. In fact his awesome shootout move was closer than other shooters who shot before him.

The sens got a point out of a game no one thought they would. They lost it in the first allowing a goal and not scoring earlier. And I'm sure all the teammates see that. He took a chance and it didn't go in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad