GDT: Senators vs Boston | 7:30pm, Sportsnet East | Latendresse returns

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
No outrage here and certainly not false outrage as you surmise. Just sticking to the facts.....it didn't work and the Sens lost the game!

So why aren't you piling-on Silf and Alfie too? They missed their shots too.

Their shots didn't work. I'm curious how many teammates and coaches would be on THEIR side with THEIR decisions in the shootout when the game is on the line?

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Some Bruin fans are funny...

Their coach says it was an accident, their players say it was an accident still some believe they know better than the guys on the ice and Neil was targeting Kelly. One of his best friends in the game.

To me, watching it again, Neil is looking at the puck that Peverly just played into the open ice and moving towards it. Then, him and Kelly collide.

These are the Bruins, if they thought it was the slightest bit deliberate, they would have sent the goon squad after him all night. The Bruins believe in instant retribution.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
It's not working for Alf right now, but if you think he won't be in our top 3 shooters you need to give your head a shake. Needs to sell the shot better like he did on these:

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Daugavins nearly scored on that. I suppose sometimes you just gotta try something different to try to psyche the goalie out.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
In retrospect, what I don't like about that move is you show the goalie the puck is going to be on the ice.

Also, no way you don't put Alfie in the shootout. He's been stymied this year but he has sick hands and is the best goal scorer in the line-up. If he isn't in, and we lose, it'll be "where's Alfie?" all over the internet.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
In retrospect, what I don't like about that move is you show the goalie the puck is going to be on the ice.

That's strictly the retrospective view, though.

Let's say he gets to this point and turns his stick back to the conventional position:

Rooster.jpg

You don't know for sure what he's going to do until he does it. I'm not trying to laud this as the greatest thing since unsliced Karlsson, but I had seen Daug's AHL spin move, and I still wasn't sure if he was going to change it up.

Well by that logic his parents both are part of the reason why the sens failed last night

Now we're getting somewhere!

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
That move last night was a total embarrassment. He had no chance on that. I don't blame him though. I blame the Coach for putting him in there above Latendresse . That was truly stupid. GG though, even though we got sloppy in the second and a lot of the third.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
That move last night was a total embarrassment. He had no chance on that. I don't blame him though. I blame the Coach for putting him in there above Latendresse . That was truly stupid. GG though, even though we got sloppy in the second and a lot of the third.

What are you talking about? Rask just barely got the pad there in time, like another split second faster and it would have gone in.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

That post was a total embarrassment. Truly stupid.

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2010

Considering how awful Latendresse penalty shot was sooner this year, I'm pretty happy with K-Daug atempt last night. Atleast it was somewhat close of going in

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Just curious: it's the shoot out at the end of the game against Boston, you're the coach and you have to select the shooters. What's your pecking order? Here's mine:

1- Silf <- I think there's consensus there...
2- Turris <- same here
3- Latendresse <- bumped up because he scored
4- Alfie <- gone cold lately, loses his spot on the top 3
5- Stone <- now going through the rest of the skilled guys
6- Ziba <- see above
7- Daug <- the earlier goal he scored was a fluke, but still ahead of other guys skillwise
etc.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Just curious: it's the shoot out at the end of the game against Boston, you're the coach and you have to select the shooters. What's your pecking order? Here's mine:

1- Silf <- I think there's consensus there...
2- Turris <- same here
3- Latendresse <- bumped up because he scored
4- Alfie <- gone cold lately, loses his spot on the top 3
5- Stone <- now going through the rest of the skilled guys
6- Ziba <- see above
7- Daug <- the earlier goal he scored was a fluke, but still ahead of other guys skillwise
etc.

Bingo. The question isn't why did KDaug do a trick shot, it's what the heck was he doing in the 4 hole? Was he a shootout killer in Bingo?

I may argue shooting order, but completely agree on shooters before KDaug.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Man, that would have been the most epic "senatroll" goal ever, though. So bummed he missed it.

I think part of the shooutout thinking is certain guys have the mentality for it - you want guys who want to shoot. Daug seems a pretty cool cucumber. I like Zibby's hands - but you have to wonder if the 19 yr old needs that kind of moment/pressure. Plus, how great would that have been for the team if Daug scores?

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Gee somebody should tell MacLean he may want to start evaluating his players to try and figure out if any of them have what it takes to score in a shootout.

Wait...

Mephias

Oct 8, 2008
Burnaby, B.C.
You don't know for sure what he's going to do until he does it. I'm not trying to laud this as the greatest thing since unsliced Karlsson, but I had seen Daug's AHL spin move, and I still wasn't sure if he was going to change it up.

:laugh: Just quoting this because of how clever it is.

:cry: Karlsson

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Gee somebody should tell MacLean he may want to start evaluating his players to try and figure out if any of them have what it takes to score in a shootout.

Wait...

I love posts like this that basically point out that every single ****ing conversation on the internet, or in a bar, or about the decisions of people in other places anywhere are totally redundant.

Everyone knows he evaluates players. We're just talking about the evaluation. Sheesh. What a useless post.

Pet peeve of mine.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
That's strictly the retrospective view, though.

Let's say he gets to this point and turns his stick back to the conventional position:

But these two here. Solid point, awesome joke. :handclap:

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I love posts like this that basically point out that every single ****ing conversation on the internet, or in a bar, or about the decisions of people in other places anywhere are totally redundant.

Everyone knows he evaluates players. We're just talking about the evaluation. Sheesh. What a useless post.

Pet peeve of mine.

Fair enough.

I think it's funny when people assume the guys who weren't in the SO would have scored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->