Confirmed Buy-Out Senators to waive and then buyout RW Bobby Ryan

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I’d take him in Edmonton. The Kassian situation kinda worked out for us other than we signed him for too much.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
All joking aside, you think Holland would consider Ryan at league minimum? Middle six RW.

I’d pay him double minimum if he’s been keeping sober. He’d be a step up for our 3rd line and I’d like if my club showed a player support who battled addiction to return to the nhl

Reactions: TFHockey

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I can see him signing with a team that has to shed players to get under the cap like Boston or Tampa Bay and they would probably both be good fits for him too.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
You can say it might be harsh to let him go but you can’t be weak when it comes to business decisions and at the end of the day he hasn’t been worth his contract for quite some time.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I was a big fan of Bobby but it was time to move on. All remnants of the Sens from 2016-2017 are gone. Borowiecki, Pageau, Anderson and now Ryan have departed. The Sens will have an new identity with Chabot, Tkachuk, White, Stutzle/Byfield etc.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Marner will be harder to move in a flat cap season. If Toronto really wants the space I'd wait until next year when the return would be higher. He is an elite winger and he is paid like he is.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Don’t know if this was covered but since he was bought out he can sign with a team before fee agency begins correct?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Well, as people know, this lowers the cap hit by half.

I think Melnyk did it to take advantage of the situation that most teams are having with cap, so he's making as much cap room as possible to take on garbage contracts in exchange for top prospects and players as "gifts" for taking these albatross contracts off their hands.

in 3 years Ottawa will be a top 5 team...

BTW..not an Ottawa fan. Just think this is what Melnyk is thinking.

This is not what he is thinking.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
f*** no.

Why do people keep proposing the 3 and 5 for Marner?

Ottawa should not even trade either pick for Marner alone.

Leafs made their bed with all those high contracts and now have to live with them in a cap flat world.

I could see 3OA OR 5OA for Marner.

I mean, if you're taking Lucas Raymond or Marco Rossi with one of those picks... isn't Marner exactly what you'd hope they would be? With the way rookie contracts are trending... you get 3 cheap years of that rookie and then if he's at Marner level play, you're paying him Marner level money.

Guess I just wouldn't poopoo getting a top flight elite NHL wing for a guy who could become a top flight elite NHL wing and who you'd have to pay accordingly in a couple years anyway.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I always liked Bobby Ryan, even though he terrorized the Kings for years. I would still take him in LA for a one-year deal if the Kings don't feel like their prospects are ready, although he'd have literally no reason to come to LA.

I always loved this sequence of events:

And that time he made Peter Harrold look like, well, Peter Harrold:

UpGoesRupp

Jul 18, 2008
British Columbia
Lots of armchair therapists here. Bobby deserves a new start and the senators are helping him accomplish that. Some things are bigger than hockey/entertainment.
All the best to Bobby, dude knows how to put a puck in the net and will soon continue to do so.

Reactions: MCB and NB613

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad