Confirmed Buy-Out Senators to waive and then buyout RW Bobby Ryan

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I always liked Bobby Ryan, even though he terrorized the Kings for years. I would still take him in LA for a one-year deal if the Kings don't feel like their prospects are ready, although he'd have literally no reason to come to LA.

I always loved this sequence of events:

And that time he made Peter Harrold look like, well, Peter Harrold:

Actually he does have some reasons He is said to be friends with carter brown and mostly Kopitar who he played with during the strike

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Actually he does have some reasons He is said to be friends with carter brown and mostly Kopitar who he played with during the strike

Well I’m about it. The Kings could use a veteran winger on a one- or two-year deal. Next year’s roster with Bobby:

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kempe - Vilardi - Frk
Grundstrom - Lizotte - Ryan
Wagner - JAD - Carter

Carter’s and Brown’s contracts are up the year after next, too. The Kings are going to start looking significantly different soon. My fear is that the Kings face injuries and are forced to play the kids before they’re ready.

Reactions: KingTech

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I could see 3OA OR 5OA for Marner.

I mean, if you're taking Lucas Raymond or Marco Rossi with one of those picks... isn't Marner exactly what you'd hope they would be? With the way rookie contracts are trending... you get 3 cheap years of that rookie and then if he's at Marner level play, you're paying him Marner level money.

Guess I just wouldn't poopoo getting a top flight elite NHL wing for a guy who could become a top flight elite NHL wing and who you'd have to pay accordingly in a couple years anyway.
I'd do the 5th overall for him personally.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Some odd dichotomies in here. Folks upset Ottawa was too cheap to keep paying Ryan $7.5m/year and hoping their own team can now sign Ryan to $2m/year or less.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
These guys have friends all across the league. To me, it's not a good argument for any fan, my team included. It's always about money.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
These guys have friends all across the league. To me, it's not a good argument for any fan, my team included. It's always about money.

Kopitar already talked him into playing with him once during the strike/ That to me suggests he could do it again. I also never said he would sign I only posted to respond to Kilo comment of having no reason to Have a nice day

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Kopitar already talked him into playing with him once during the strike/ That to me suggests he could do it again. I also never said he would sign I only posted to respond to Kilo comment of having no reason to Have a nice day
I never said he wouldn't sign there, simply that I've seen people try and make these connections before and it's almost always meaningless. These guys all know each other.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I never said he wouldn't sign there, simply that I've seen people try and make these connections before and it's almost always meaningless. These guys all know each other.
which is fine but Kopitar has literally talk Ryan into doing it before which is a little more of a chance then just friends which u seem to be ignoring

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00