Rumor: Senators sold to the Kraft Family?(upd: no)

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I am extremely skeptical too but it seems so absurd that I can't help but be intrigued

It's a fun rumor no doubt, but to me the randomness means I'm even more skeptical. Usually if a billionaire owner of an NFL club was sniffing around trying to buy an NHL club, we'd have gotten something more official from a hockey reporter/insider/blogger first, even if just an overheard rumor.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I wouldn't get so excited anyway. There's no guarantees Bettman would put a relocation restriction beyond 5 years, and a US owner might want to move them to Markham or Hamilton/Burlington.
I won’t be too bummed if it’s not real. A family that owns a bunch of New England teams buying the Sens would make me uneasy about an eventual relocation to Hartford.

Also Kraft seems like an even bigger POS than Melnyk.

Last edited:

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Someone on Reddit said Robert Kraft was spotted at the Elgin hotel this week.

I don't believe it... But if we're going to let the rumour train off the rails, let's make it a 40-car derailment over a cliff :laugh:
Of course he'd be at the Elgin, there's a "spa" off laurier. Not that I would no from personal experience or anything ....:sarcasm:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I will say this much, this is a pretty ingenious way of starting a rumor. Creating a snapchat account under Robert Kraft's grand-daughter's name and using that picture/emoji is just subtle enough to get people riled up. Most people would go for something more obvious.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I will say this much, this is a pretty ingenious way of starting a rumor. Creating a snapchat account under Robert Kraft's grand-daughter's name and using that picture/emoji is just subtle enough to get people riled up. Most people would go for something more obvious.

It's so obscure that people go running in two binary directions immediately:

#1. This is too obscure and dumb, it's an awesome hack/troll job.
#2. This is too obscure and dumb, it's gotta have legs, because real life is f***ed in 2019.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Don’t believe this to be true. Paul Allen owned the Seahawks and Portland Trailblazers if i remember correctly.

Edit: Maybe he was part owner, not sure tbh
Robert Kraft himself owns an MLS team and an OWL team.

I'm so torn on this. On one hand, I hate Melnyk. On the other I loathe Kraft. Let's not forget this guy is wrapped up in a human trafficking scandal. Dude is an actual monster.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Do we know for sure that the account is actually his granddaughter?

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
So, is this legit or not?
TtrJFv6u9FfLEeFBe2EyR3B4epk2s5UMwLHtB-d33p8.jpg

seems like only time will tell my friend :nod:

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Kraft is a New England guy through and through. Makes zero sense for him to have interest in the Senators. And if he did, it would be bad news for us.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
lol I love those posts.

Hey guys, seriously, it's been 2 hours since this completely random rumour was posted. What's taking so long? Is the team sold?

Sorry for asking a question.

I was really wondering if the account is legit. Some say it is, some say it’s not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad