Post-Game Talk: Senators @ Rangers

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

The only joke is Torts. Rolling two lines on the 2nd game of back to back nights. Sitting Hamrlik in the 3rd and shortening the defense. Of course they were being beaten to every puck it was the same players gassed all 3rd period. And I am so sick of this collapsing defense giving opposing point men to shoot with so much freedom. And how anyone could complain about Henrik is beyond me.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
This reminded me of our losses to Toronto last season.

Completely on Tortorella. His stubbornness and inability to adapt like any normal coach lost us this game. Ottawa is stacked with big, bulky pedestrian defenseman that can hammer the puck and a group of forwards that all skate and stickhandle like Nick Foligno. And they ****ing tore us to shreds. How many god damn shots did ****ing Gryba get in that third. They can keep us pinned in our zone and tire out Lundqvist because the only thing they know how to do is collapse around the net.

Prepare yourself against different gameplans you ****ing moron.

GFiP*

Should've won. Need to take care of depleted teams like that. Rangers allowed themselves to get bullied in the third, and it took the momentum away. All starting with that two-handed tomahawk on Gaborik.

No idea why Torts broke up Hags - Step - Nash.

Feel for Henry tonight, dude did everything he could.

Put Boyle back in, and get Bickel the **** out of there.

That line had too much success to stay intact.

Bigup

Stache consultant
Jan 25, 2013
Ottawa
Great game guys. Always love watching Rangers vs Sens.
Hopefully we both make the playoffs and we get our rematch.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
No. The coach needs to understand to slow the mother ****ing down when we're playing the 4th in 6 games and the 3rd period of over 5 periods of hockey in the last 24 hours.

I don't see what that has to do with my post. Slowing the game down or not we have to move the legs and they didn't do it in the third.

wr50l

Nov 5, 2011
Overall, I have no complaints about the way they played.

However, I think the word is out that as a team you can take liberties with the Rangers, enough to give you an edge.
Every edge is maxed out at this level.

I find the Rangers need more snarl. Seriously.

Disagree to an extent. I think the liberties were dispatched with equal measure by both sides tonight. The cohesion and unity has been getting better; it's not the same as last year, but it's improving.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Not a loss I'm upset about. Team played well, all things considered. I wish they were able to bury a couple of those chances early in the 3rd, they looked gassed at the end.

On to Washington.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
He's made so many mistakes starting the wrong goaltender this year. Henrik should have played against the Isle two games ago and Biron should have played the one after. We lost both. Biron should have played this one but instead Henrik plays and now Marty is going to play on Sunday and let's see how that goes. Bad coaching. Horrible coaching. SLow the game the **** down on the last period of a back to back game tied 2-2. Don't break up your lines that has won you 4 in a row with or without Richards. Started with the wrong goaltender, continued with the wrong lineup and fell flat at the end with the wrong game plan. Torts need to think about this one hard.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
People can talk all night about the Senators missing Spezza and Karlsson.

Guess what? Their players are stepping up, among them, noticeably, are Silfverberg and Turris, and Zabinijad is not exactly chop liver.

That's why I keep telling Senators fans who keep pulling that excuse out to shut the **** up, and hope they have a team that doesn't wallow in an excuse.
Let's face it, the Senators are stepping up and playing an aggressive tough game.

I would love for the Rangers to annhilate them some day.

*Bob Richards*

Played and lost like a tired team. Not the end of the world.

TheRedViper

Dec 12, 2008
Niagara
Way too passive in the D zone. We let them take as many point shots as they want, and by the third period there was no fight left. Lost most defensive puck battles/races.

Ekani

Nov 12, 2009
Can't win em all, but this team is just so incosistent it hurts. Behind Rick Nash and maybe Ryan Callahan the forwards are a joke. Last year depth was the name of the game, this year we have a line that every single time they are out there you are scared. I hope Stu Bickel gets sent to the ECHL its a god damned JOKE the guy is still in the NHL. I HATE THAT UGLY ****ING **** GET OFF THIS TEAM YOU **** ****ING

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Hank is by far the worst goalie in the nhl with rebound control. His inability to catch the puck is what leads to a bunch of bad goals. I am sure this is bickels doing

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Second half of a back to back...

In the third period:

Haley, 2 shifts. Halpern, 3 shifts. Hammer, 1 shift. Bickel, 2 shifts. Powe, 5 shifts. Pyatt, 5 shifts.

I don't know why Halpern gets shafted all the time in ice time. He can be trusted defensively, as can Powe. They deserve more shifts.

If you're not going to play Bickel, bench his ass.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Torts just doesn't get it. It's the same **** against the Penguins. You can't collapse against certain teams. The Penguins are too talented. If you give them possession they're gonna score eventually.

Ottawa, while not as talented at the forward position, has one of the best offensive defenses in the league, even with Karlsson out. The shots are gonna come if you don't pressure them, no matter how many you block.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
People can talk all night about the Senators missing Spezza and Karlsson.

Guess what? Their players are stepping up, among them, noticeably, are Silfverberg and Turris, and Zabinijad is not exactly chop liver.

That's why I keep telling Senators fans who keep pulling that excuse out to shut the **** up, and hope they have a team that doesn't wallow in an excuse.
Let's face it, the Senators are stepping up and playing an aggressive tough game.

I would love for the Rangers to annhilate them some day.

They outmatch us cause of their transition game. and speed.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Tortorella, once again, was thoroughly outcoached by Paul MacLean.

Seems to be the story every time we play Ottawa. The whole game turned around when he decided to start the 4th line, with Bickel no less, on a defensive zone faceoff. They couldn't get posession, Bickel turned it over in the NZ, and Ottawa proceeded to dominate us for the rest of the game. Also, the D-zone structure needed adjusting. Ottawa exploited it perfectly.

TORTS! YOU CAN'T PLAY THE SAME WAY EVERY SECOND OF EVERY GAME! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!

EDIT: This loss has really gotten to me...the frustrations I have with this team were magnified and put on display tonight.

Yet people will still blame the players and say it was because they couldn't find a way to score goals.

Torts gets 99.9% of the blame.

JD123

Mar 6, 2013
Love that he breaks up the most impressive line we have then reunites them very late in the third...you just can't make it up. Guys loves to constantly f@#@ with the lines.
Gabby just afraid to make contact with anybody. By far the softest guy on the ice. Must still be the shoulder haha

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Hank is by far the worst goalie in the nhl with rebound control. His inability to catch the puck is what leads to a bunch of bad goals. I am sure this is bickels doing

Are you sure about that? Look at Quick's rebounds and look at Enroth last night, look at Bryz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad