GDT: Senators @ Rangers | Enter #6, Jakob Chychrun Edition | Thu Mar 2 2023, 7PM | TSN5, RDS

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
ES numbers are also pretty evenly distributed

Zub: 16:13, 22 shifts
Chabot: 14:57, 22 shifts
Chychrun: 14:06, 25 shifts
Holden: 14:00, 22 shifts
Sanderson:13:36, 22 shifts
Hamonic:13:37, 22 shifts
Not a fan of the Holden 14 lol. Ya you're right hopefully they keep it evenly distributed I would like to Brannstrom over Holden though just because of that lack of foot speed. Also on record saying I would not mind Hamonic back, he can still skate and defend, he sucks with the puck but is at least smart enough to skate it out and make a play.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Lmao. Yeah, much more so on Stutzle than Chabot.

Chabot failed to execute a play, sure. Stutzle allowed the breakaway, though.
I think Chabot tried to force a pass that wasn't there after his first attempt to move it along the boards to Stu got deflected back to him, I guess he could have tried a second time to chip it into the corner for a winger to retrieve, but Tkachuk had moved into the high slot to try and give him an option but it got closed off fast as he tried to get it there, Batherson was moving in deep to the weakside corner I guess in case Chabot rimmed it around, DeBrincat was moving into the strong side corner, Stützle was just sort of watching it all play out, meanwhile Kreider recognizes Chabot is in trouble and actually does something to capitalize. If Kreider can tell, then Stu and Tkachuk should too, somebody needed to pick up Kreider, that's not on Chabot, but Chabot is guilty of not knowing when to make a safe play and reset.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not a fan of the Holden 14 lol. Ya you're right hopefully they keep it evenly distributed I would like to Brannstrom over Holden though just because of that lack of foot speed. Also on record saying I would not mind Hamonic back, he can still skate and defend, he sucks with the puck but is at least smart enough to skate it out and make a play.
Agreed on all counts, assuming Hamonic comes cheap enough to fit the budget

Reactions: 2CHAINZ

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Agreed on all counts, assuming Hamonic comes cheap enough to fit the budget

I find myself endlessly frustrated with Hamonic. I find his decision-making is poor and he is prone to bonehead mistakes in his own zone.

On the other hand, he does provide a modicum of offence, particularly with his point shot, which until Chychrun arrived we didn't actually really have.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I think Chabot tried to force a pass that wasn't there after his first attempt to move it along the boards to Stu got deflected back to him, I guess he could have tried a second time to chip it into the corner for a winger to retrieve, but Tkachuk had moved into the high slot to try and give him an option but it got closed off fast as he tried to get it there, Batherson was moving in deep to the weakside corner I guess in case Chabot rimmed it around, DeBrincat was moving into the strong side corner, Stützle was just sort of watching it all play out, meanwhile Kreider recognizes Chabot is in trouble and actually does something to capitalize. If Kreider can tell, then Stu and Tkachuk should too, somebody needed to pick up Kreider, that's not on Chabot, but Chabot is guilty of not knowing when to make a safe play and reset.
Agreed 100%. But players make mistakes all the time, players make aggressive risky moves all the time... Chabot's came at a time when he should have been absolutely protected against a play like that happening.

I find myself endlessly frustrated with Hamonic. I find his decision-making is poor and he is prone to bonehead mistakes in his own zone.

On the other hand, he does provide a modicum of offence, particularly with his point shot, which until Chychrun arrived we didn't actually really have.
I thought he was great last night. He's a legit NHL DMan, albeit a bottom pairing one.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

I think he's just been slotted too high. I look forward to seeing what he can do with a reduced role.

How many times could we have said that about various players these last 5 years. The slotting has often been the problem over the players just not being capable of being in the league.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
Holden makes me nervous anytime he’s in the ice. Incredibly slow and immobile, indecisive, easily separated from the puck. Not sure why he’s still playing.

Reactions: Psycroptic86

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Well, I figure if he's replacing Holden on the third pair, he's perfect, not sure we can fit him in though. As a #5 I think he's pretty good...

I'd like to see something like this

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Chychrun
Brannstrom-Hamonic

Or

Chabot-Zub
Brannstrom-Chychrun
Sanderson-Hamonic

Either way, I think all three pairs can handle 14-15 mins at ES, then dole out special teams as appropriate

PP 1
.............Tkachuk
DeBrincat Stü Batherson
.............Chabot

PP2
Brassard-Pinto-Giroux
Sanderson-Chychrun

PK1
Gambrell-Joseph
Sanderson-Hamonic

PP2
Stützle-Pinto
Brannstrom-Chychrun

We actually can probably get Zub in on the PK now that we aren't over-reliant on Chabot at ES, maybe put him out there over Brannstrom even though Brannstrom is sneaky good on the PK

Reactions: DrEasy

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Chabot was in interview at TVA sport. Antoine Roussel ask him wich watch they give to Derek. Chabot said the Rolex rubber strap yacht master white gold
watch.PNG

Start counting your pennies.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Chabot was in interview at TVA sport. Antoine Roussel ask him wich watch they give to Derek. Chabot said the Rolex rubber strap yacht master white gold
That's sick, that's a nice watch. I'd have preferred a Zenith Defy El Primero but that's probably cause I'm too poor for a roflex.

Reactions: Masked

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I am surprised Kaestelic and Gauthier played so little.

Can't argue with the results but they looked rather decent in their limited presences early on?

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Come on, this is just two three hand of poker for you lol
Rofl. I have never played a single poker hand in a cash game worth 30kish. I have lost tournament hands that cost me that much or more but I don't really play tournaments just once in awhile.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
That's sick, that's a nice watch. I'd have preferred a Zenith Defy El Primero but that's probably cause I'm too poor for a roflex.

Zeniths are nice. I've lusted over an El Primero Rainbow Flyback in the past. I find Rolex have been copied so much by cheaper watch companies that they look really generic. If I'm spending that kind of money on a watch I'd want something that looks a little more distinctive.

Assen na yo!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad