Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
are you sold on Z as a centre. I agree he should grade out as top 6 in the end. I have not been sold on his attention to detail as a centre as of yet. RW might be a trade off for him - and we really need to leave Turris as the 2C. He dominated there last year.

Turris was the no. 1 C last year.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
A lot of people are going to be disappointed when Lazar doesn't walk on water next season. Need to temper our expectations a bit.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
A lot of people are going to be disappointed when Lazar doesn't walk on water next season. Need to temper our expectations a bit.

As long as he shows progress and growth over the season why would anyone be disappointed? That's all you can really ask for in a rookie.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
playoff overtime winners

1e0d115deaab887e471a8e96c4101412f1857e76_m.jpg

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa

you dissing our top prospect?

he is a playoff warrior, and a true leader. he has intangibles, he's gritty, and he scores important goals. the sky is the limit for this kid.

honestly, i think he scores all those playoff overtime winners as early as this season. in a few years, he could pot 50, or even 60. he'll be the best giroux adjusted points getter in the league in two seasons.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
He's got poor hands if you think he's going to be a PPG player.

If you think his upper end is in the two way mold of Dustin Brown, then his hands are likely sufficient.

Brown is actually a decent comparison. Lazar skates better and perhaps has a bit better shot, but Brown has a thicker frame allowing him to park himself in front of the net a bit better perhaps, and also have a bit more of an impact when he hits people. But Lazar likely projects as similar type of player.

Not a slight on Lazar either. Brown is the long-time captain of a Kings team on the verge of making it to the Cup final, and may yet add another ring so he has one for each hand. He hit 30 goals once, and hot 20 goals around a half dozen times.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Brown is actually a decent comparison. Lazar skates better and perhaps has a bit better shot, but Brown has a thicker frame allowing him to park himself in front of the net a bit better perhaps, and also have a bit more of an impact when he hits people. But Lazar likely projects as similar type of player.

Not a slight on Lazar either. Brown is the long-time captain of a Kings team on the verge of making it to the Cup final, and may yet add another ring so he has one for each hand. He hit 30 goals once, and hot 20 goals around a half dozen times.

As long as Lazar isn't as dirty as Brown. Dustin is a hard worker and normally would be a guy I'd follow...if it wasn't for the sneaky dirtiness of his game.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
As long as Lazar isn't as dirty as Brown. Dustin is a hard worker and normally would be a guy I'd follow...if it wasn't for the sneaky dirtiness of his game.

When you play a style that is based on hitting people a lot, some of this will follow. I don't think Lazar will be seen as that type of player, but it wouldn't shock me if he gets suspended one day for a marginal hit either. If you hit hundreds of people per season, it's bound to happen.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

Definitely not a slight. If you're a 50-60 point player and a captain...chances are you're a very versatile player that leads by example every shift and is a highly deserving captain.

You're laughing if that's what you found in mid 1st round. Either way, the low end appears like a good player if he doesn't "pan out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad