Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
With Harpur done, I'd think Paul is up next. Lindberg as well.

I don't see us signing Lindberg right away as we have his rights for another 2 years after this one, so unless he plans on going NA pro next season I see the org sitting tight and maybe waiting to see how he does in Sweden next season

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't see us signing Lindberg right away as we have his rights for another 2 years after this one, so unless he plans on going NA pro next season I see the org sitting tight and maybe waiting to see how he does in Sweden next season

Why would he go back to Sweden? Or is this the last year he's eligible to play junior?

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Lindberg could sign and play in Bingo next year though, correct?
Seems like a natural next step since he opted to play in NA

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
This is what I would expect. He'd be a good addition, especially is Puempel is promoted to the big team.

We need to keep the strength of Bingo up as we develop the next cohort

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Most players drafted in 3rd-4th rounds are PPG in juniors as 19 yo.
We'll be lucky if Paul or Lindberg have any sort of NHL careers.

Kaspars Daugavins was above a PPG in the OHL as a 19 year old and then beat that number the following year, so yeah, its time to temper expectations for both of these players...

but the SENS hype machine for prospects will never stop, so don't try my friend.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Kaspars Daugavins was above a PPG in the OHL as a 19 year old and then beat that number the following year, so yeah, its time to temper expectations for both of these players...

but the SENS hype machine for prospects will never stop, so don't try my friend.

Cody Bass was a PPG player in the OHL as a 19 year old....

I'm not sure what you are trying to prove, we all know that there are many kids drafted who are PPG as a 19 year old that don't make it.

Just because you score at a PPG clip doesn't mean you will have an NHL career, I'm pretty sure we all knew that. Not one person has said that scoring at PPG means they will pan out for us.

Just because many guys don't make it that score at a PPG(HINT: A reason they were 3rd and 4th rounders) doesn't make the numbers who actually do increase.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
I'm not sure what you are trying to prove, we all know that there are many kids drafted who are PPG as a 19 year old that don't make it.

Just because you score at a PPG clip doesn't mean you will have an NHL career, I'm pretty sure we all knew that. Not one person has said that scoring at PPG means they will pan out for us.

Just because many guys don't make it that score at a PPG(HINT: A reason they were 3rd and 4th rounders) doesn't make the numbers who actually do increase.

So what is your assessment or expectations of these two players?

Because before I critique your post I would much prefer knowing where you stand on the fence so you cant jump it later.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Most players drafted in 3rd-4th rounds are PPG in juniors as 19 yo.
We'll be lucky if Paul or Lindberg have any sort of NHL careers.

Starting to sound risky to say that about Paul. Not sure if if everyone realizes this but they traded for a guy they believed would be Nhler, and everything going on would make it seem they made a good assessment

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So what is your assessment or expectations of these two players?

Because before I critique your post I would much prefer knowing where you stand on the fence so you cant jump it later.

My stance on Paul is that he has developed, and his draft stock has risen into that of a true NHL prospect. Before last season's playoffs, and this season, he was seen as a guy like Lindberg: another prospect in the cupboard.

He has since stepped into the territory of Mark Stone/Stefan Noesen (pretrade)/Patrick Wiercioch. Guys who look to have NHL careers if they continue to develop and pay their dues.

Lindberg, is not in that category. He seems more like Roman Wick/Shawn Weller type mid rounder, who will impress us and be signed to an ELC, then battle for a few years and likely only see a handful of games.

Lindberg looks great right now, but I need to see more than just points and skating fast from him to put him in as a future cog of the Sens.

Last edited:

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Obviously just because you score a ppg AT ANY AGE in junior doesn't mean anything about your NHL prospects.

Likewise, just because you omly scored a ppg at 19 in the CHL doesn't mean you have no chance at making it to the NHL. Another example of why scouting from hockey db doesn't work, you can make guesses and get 90% right but the people that actually have a clue that are watching games bat closer to 100%

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'm pretty confident that Paul will play in the NHL if he continues to develop like he has been.

Great defensively, great skater, great size, great hands, good shot. Sounds like a skilled Colin Greening with more hockey IQ. Take your time with this guy, right now he looks like a gem

Will probably never be more than a great 3rd liner but you never know.

Even if Guptill busts, I like a return of Chiasson, Paul and a 2nd for an UFA-to-be Spezza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad