Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk Offseason 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosswor

Jun 24, 2016
Nick Ritchie was the third player on McDavid and Lazar's line.

IIRC McDavid centred the line at even strength, whilst Lazar took faceoffs/centre ice on the powerplay.

Last edited:

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
For most of the tourny, but pretty sure Petan took that spot later on.

Correct, as was mentioned before, Ritchie did not last long on that line.

Domi - Reinhart - Duclair
Petan - McDavid - Lazar
Ritchie - Gauthier - Crouse

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
Why on the IIHF game sheets is it Ritchie then?

No clue, maybe because they kept submitting the same roster every game and not altering it based on their lineups?

The big line of Crouse - Gauthier - Ritchie had tremendous success on the cycle, top two lines were scoring off the rush.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
5 years, he'd be fat from gaining 20 pounds in 2 months

I'd say he gets a cup of coffee this year, and then pushes to make the team out of camp in 2017-18

I assumed 165lbs was his draft weight. :laugh:

Is he really 165 still!?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I've come up with a general rule that every height that is given to a player should be minus one inch.

Sometimes more, but usually you come up with the actual player height that way.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I've come up with a general rule that every height that is given to a player should be minus one inch.

Not sure if they do it today, but I remember reading back in the early 90s that at that time most published player heights included their skates.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Not sure if they do it today, but I remember reading back in the early 90s that at that time most published player heights included their skates.

They don't do that today, guys are measured at training camps/combines/interviews etc.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

They don't do that today, guys are measured at training camps/combines/interviews etc.

Nah, the skates add more than one inch.

Now it seems like they're always adding an inch or an inch and a half for some reason. Maybe it's because they're measure with their shoes on? Idk.

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
I assumed 165lbs was his draft weight. :laugh:

Is he really 165 still!?

Actually he was recently interviewed about this topic:
the link is HERE

In the interview he says his current weight is actually 163-162. One hundred 162 pounds at over 6 feet tall.

He explains that this is because he's had a long season and because of the strain of playing so much for so long, he's lost weight. He says he hopes to come into camp at 175lbs.

It is possible to pack on over 10 pounds of mostly muscle in a few months, but he is going to have to carefully track his diet and workout routine to manage his muscle mass and maintain his flexibility and endurance.

at 175lbs, that is still quite...slim for an NHl player. He doesn't rely on strength too much for his game, but he will have to work on that over the next couple years. Thankfully, he should have the help of an professional NHL organization to guide him properly.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Agreed & weight. I've stood next to a lot of these players at development camps & around town at autograph events & there is no way they are the size mentioned in the material they hand out. Not always a huge difference for most but occasionally it can be. Perron looks to be about 5'10 or 11 & around 170 lbs give or take from what I saw of him walking through the Sensplex from one ice surface to another although he was on skates so it's harder to tell. He doesn't look 6' but it wouldn't surprise me if they have him listed at 6'.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Actually he was recently interviewed about this topic:
the link is HERE

In the interview he says his current weight is actually 163-162. One hundred 162 pounds at over 6 feet tall.

He explains that this is because he's had a long season and because of the strain of playing so much for so long, he's lost weight. He says he hopes to come into camp at 175lbs.

It is possible to pack on over 10 pounds of mostly muscle in a few months, but he is going to have to carefully track his diet and workout routine to manage his muscle mass and maintain his flexibility and endurance.

at 175lbs, that is still quite...slim for an NHl player. He doesn't rely on strength too much for his game, but he will have to work on that over the next couple years. Thankfully, he should have the help of an professional NHL organization to guide him properly.

Good find, thanks

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well, it could also depend on the time of day the height measurements are given. The average person loses a bit of height over the course of the day, and gains a tiny bit of size in their feet. Add in the factor of a lot of guys skating a bit hunched over, and you may not get them at their tallest when seeing them after a practice or scrimmage.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Well, it could also depend on the time of day the height measurements are given. The average person loses a bit of height over the course of the day, and gains a tiny bit of size in their feet. Add in the factor of a lot of guys skating a bit hunched over, and you may not get them at their tallest when seeing them after a practice or scrimmage.

I stood next to Mark Stone on the bus coming back to Kanata last night after the football game. He's definitely 6'3" but he looks much thinner in summer street clothes than his listing of 205 lbs. He was with a very attractive girl friend too. He must live in Ottawa yr round now.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
A lot of these players have freakish lower bodies with normal or undeveloped upper bodies which is why some hockey players might look smaller than they weigh.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
A lot of these players have freakish lower bodies with normal or undeveloped upper bodies which is why some hockey players might look smaller than they weigh.

:laugh: I wouldn't say he looked freakish :laugh: he just looked thinner than I thought he would be but at 6'3" he is only listed at 205 lbs so maybe it makes sense. Turris is another guy who is quite thin to see in street clothes while Lazar looks solid when I saw him in our grocery store. Pageau looked about 5'6" when I walked past him at the Sensplex in street clothes & Ceci also looks more solid & more like what you think he would look like. I have met Alfredsson a few times in street clothes too & he is solid as well with quite wide shoulders for a guy his size, maybe a little more on the freakish side. :laugh: Wiercioch was another really thin guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad