Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk Offseason 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Goalies are just such a crapshoot.
I don't really care about O'Conner's stats last year, good or bad - it was his first year of pro hockey. Its still a win that we got him for free to beef up the prospect pool but its like having an extra lotto ticket

Him finishing strong is all I really care about at this stage: it shows him finding his game and overcoming playing for an awful team.

He needs to do it again and not take so long to get to that level but progress taking place in his first pro year is almost ideal scenario (outside of him being outstanding right away).

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Iirc, guys like Roy and Brodeur weren't exactly stars in the AHL, either. Same with Hammond. With goalies (especially at lower levels), it's best not to put much weight on stats. Focus on technique, mental preparedness, ability to put bad games/goals behind him, etc.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Iirc, guys like Roy and Brodeur weren't exactly stars in the AHL, either. Same with Hammond. With goalies (especially at lower levels), it's best not to put much weight on stats. Focus on technique, mental preparedness, ability to put bad games/goals behind him, etc.

Roy after Junior was a backup in Sherbrooke for like 2 months at the end of the year after being sent down from the Habs He started in the playoffs went 10 and 3 and won the Calder Cup. He was with the Habs the next year. Maybe not the best example

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Roy after Junior was a backup in Sherbrooke for like 2 months at the end of the year after being sent down from the Habs He started in the playoffs went 10 and 3 and won the Calder Cup. He was with the Habs the next year. Maybe not the best example

That and I wouldn't put Hammond in the same breath as Brodeur and Roy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Quick started in the ECHL and had bad numbers, but turned it around in the AHL.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I thought we called them free wallets.

I've always loved that line. What kind of person doesn't turn in a wallet if they find it.

Or maybe this means someone gives you an empty wallet. Like their old wallet they don't want anymore because they got a money clip. But that doesn't really make sense either

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I've always loved that line. What kind of person doesn't turn in a wallet if they find it.

Or maybe this means someone gives you an empty wallet. Like their old wallet they don't want anymore because they got a money clip. But that doesn't really make sense either

I think it was Brian Burke who coined the term. I totally believe that he's the kind of guy that would keep the wallet.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It was a tempest in a rock glass

And yes, it looks like it's over unless our usual suspects start accusing Chabot of lying to protect management

Which is definitely conceivable

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Looks like their plan is working. Those guys are elite athletes, you need to push them hard so they don't get complacent.

So, is the storm in the glass of water over with this?

So.....you'll be ok with Torts or Keenan as our next head coach? :popcorn:

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
So.....you'll be ok with Torts or Keenan as our next head coach? :popcorn:

I mean, it's not quite as black and white as that. Mike Keenan would have given a 10 minute expletive ridden tirade at the kid on the ice in full view of his teammates and media in which he questioned his worth as a person and his parents' judgment for bringing him into the world. Not sure anyone advocates the Keenan model anymore.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I mean, it's not quite as black and white as that. Mike Keenan would have given a 10 minute expletive ridden tirade at the kid on the ice in full view of his teammates and media in which he questioned his worth as a person and his parents' judgment for bringing him into the world. Not sure anyone advocates the Keenan model anymore.

It would be entertaining though.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I mentioned in another thread that I got to chat with Murray today and we were talking about the Brassard trade and how they could deal Mika because of White and Brown. He was really excited about both guys and said he was hoping White would play with the Sens this year. Murray was pushing for it but he said Dorion was more inclined to return him to college. Dorion and White obviously won that debate. Bryan also said he was okay with it since he had the wrist injury and surgery and knew he was gonna be the #1C with BC. Murray definitely thought he could play this year though and specifically said he's a 2C in their eyes in the future but he totally surpassed their expectations last season in all ways.

Just a little tidbit that we might have a bit I'd a change in philosophy with our recent 1st rounders under Dorion vs Murray.

On a similar note, if you get the chance to meet Bryan and want to engage him in hockey talk, he's very down and super honest. Such a nice man and he doesn't take his privilege for granted. All around good guy and very grounded. Treats all my staff with a lot of respect.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I mentioned in another thread that I got to chat with Murray today and we were talking about the Brassard trade and how they could deal Mika because of White and Brown. He was really excited about both guys and said he was hoping White would play with the Sens this year. Murray was pushing for it but he said Dorion was more inclined to return him to college. Dorion and White obviously won that debate. Bryan also said he was okay with it since he had the wrist injury and surgery and knew he was gonna be the #1C with BC. Murray definitely thought he could play this year though and specifically said he's a 2C in their eyes in the future but he totally surpassed their expectations last season in all ways.

Just a little tidbit that we might have a bit I'd a change in philosophy with our recent 1st rounders under Dorion vs Murray.

On a similar note, if you get the chance to meet Bryan and want to engage him in hockey talk, he's very down and super honest. Such a nice man and he doesn't take his privilege for granted. All around good guy and very grounded. Treats all my staff with a lot of respect.

Cool. By change in philosophy do you mean how quickly we promote them?
No surprise on him being a down to earth valley lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad