Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2016-2017 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
this is true, but all he needs is one summer of adding 10-15 pounds and he's NHL size no doubt.

He could always come over and play in AHL too

AHL is tough. Especially for guys like him at his age. Perron is there in his draft. + 3. And he's getting killed some nights

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Over under 1 ?

When scorers aren't producing. They're struggling.

Do I feel he will be successful in the AHL. Probably. But I think draft +2 is too soon for dahlen to come over for the AHL.

Maybe a AHL commuted watcher can comment on Perron? Is he playing great?

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Do I feel he will be successful in the AHL. Probably. But I think draft +2 is too soon for dahlen to come over for the AHL.

On this we agree. Whenever I think of Dalen I also think of Sorenson & Pettersson who were suppose to be so good. I'll wait & see.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
On this we agree. Whenever I think of Dalen I also think of Sorenson & Pettersson who were suppose to be so good. I'll wait & see.

Dahlen is definitely coming over with some more pedigree.

In oeterssons defence he was Ann effective AHL player for a while.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Maybe a AHL commuted watcher can comment on Perron? Is he playing great?

You said "And he's getting killed some nights" about Perron.

We all know that Perron is a bit too light for the AHL but that statement implies that you are watching most games... If you are about to state your opinion as a fact, you need to be in a position to back it up... because you know, people could actually think that what you say is true.

He had some injuries and never really was given much of an opportunity in ottawa. Size was also an issue

1 game was surely not enough. I never understood why no one ever gave him a decent chance. He was like a more skilled Shane Prince.He could stick handle in a phone booth, was a plus skater and had a pretty sick release. I dunno, he should have translated. I think they didn't like his attitude and lack of commitment

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
1 game was surely not enough. I never understood why no one ever gave him a decent chance. He was like a more skilled Shane Prince.He could stick handle in a phone booth, was a plus skater and had a pretty sick release. I dunno, he should have translated. I think they didn't like his attitude and lack of commitment

IIRC he wasn't a very good skater relative to his size. You'd expect someone his size to be quicker. Also he was even smaller than Prince.

I wasn't surprised he didn't translate, especially considering the perceived attitude like you said.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The big thing for Dahlen in the AHL will be skating and elusiveness. If he is quick enough to avoid the heavier hits and get himself into open areas, he would do well. I haven't seen him enough to know how his skating will translate onto smaller ice (iirc, skating was something he had to work on in his draft year?)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I love how all his goals are NHL type goals. Dirty, around the net, and with exceptional use of his quick ability to get his shot away in traffic.

He scores in absolute bunches.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I love how all his goals are NHL type goals. Dirty, around the net, and with exceptional use of his quick ability to get his shot away in traffic.

He scores in absolute bunches.

Sens could use a guy like that. I can't count high enough to accumulate the number of rebound chances we don't get to before the opposition

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
God I'm so excited about Dahlen's development. Could be a real force down the road.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You said "And he's getting killed some nights" about Perron.

We all know that Perron is a bit too light for the AHL but that statement implies that you are watching most games... If you are about to state your opinion as a fact, you need to be in a position to back it up... because you know, people could actually think that what you say is true.

Yeah too light for the AHL. Just as dahlen. Lmao. You don't need to watch most games to get a handle on what he's doing. I saw my games. Plus everything I read about him. From people that did watch him. He's struggling in the AHL. Really struggling. Which is normal. And fine.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Loool. He is too good for this league. 5 games, 10 goals and Dahlen took part in every one of them. Has to be some kind of a record.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Yeah too light for the AHL. Just as dahlen. Lmao. You don't need to watch most games to get a handle on what he's doing. I saw my games. Plus everything I read about him. From people that did watch him. He's struggling in the AHL. Really struggling. Which is normal. And fine.

I'm pretty sure he's also playing on the 4th line with Rupert and Hagel. Given better linemates he might be producing more and showing more of what he's capable of.

Last edited:

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Timra lost 1-3.
Is there anyone else on that team other than Dahlen and his linemates?
This is getting ridiculous.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm pretty sure he's also playing on the 4th line with Rupert and Hagel. Given better linemates he might be producing more and showing more of what he's capable of.

Another side of this USB he probably can't handle top AHL duties. He's not a top 6 Ahler right now.

Which I have to repeat IS FINE

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Another side of this USB he probably can't handle top AHL duties. He's not a top 6 Ahler right now.

Which I have to repeat IS FINE

Is Dahlen eligible to play some games when season there is done?

Be fun if he and White get a shot somehow for a few games

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
take our sweet time developing Dahlen, we could have a gem for sure.

Give him another year in SEL then even half season in Bingo then bring him up. Or 1.5 years in Bingo if he comes over next year.

We could have Dahlen, White and Chabot firing all at same time in 2 years

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Is Dahlen eligible to play some games when season there is done?

Be fun if he and White get a shot somehow for a few games

This i do not know 100%. I believe he is eligible. We drafted him out of Europe I think he can play in the AHL whenever we agree

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I think Dahlen should play in AHL or SEL next season. He's clearly to good for his current league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad