Confirmed with Link: Senators Organization Announces New Sports Bar Downtown

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
This is a city where fans almost end up in fistacuffs over a free ' enter local business here ' tshirt (soon to be available at Value Village for $1.99) shot into the stands at games... we love free stuff

A recent example of this was last week Chez was doing there annual bacon fest. Bacon fest is a sort of yearly thing they do to celebrate bacon offer free samples and have a laugh at the same time aimed at the local businesses and harcore listeners. I work pretty much right across the street from them. This year upon my arrival to work i noticed there were roughly 500 people lined up at 7am for what essentially ends up being a free piece of bacon or two.

I know I wouldn't personally get up early/take a day off even if they were handing out free $20 bills but that's the kind of person i am. Anyways it's really funny and then really sad to see what people will do for "free".

edit: I reserve this type of judegment for non-essential "free" items

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
This is a city where fans almost end up in fistacuffs over a free ' enter local business here ' tshirt (soon to be available at Value Village for $1.99) shot into the stands at games... we love free stuff

haha good point:laugh:

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
I dont care. Should I also boycott the colour blue and our countries flag?

Surely you wont be watching any Sens games on Sportsnet or TSN. Wouldnt want to support the Leafs!

I feel its a fair question to ask. It's like any issue, some people care and some people don't.

The colour blue and the nations flag are not derivatives of the Leafs.

Furthermore there is a difference between watching the Sens on Sportsnet/TSN (in which a) you have little choice in the matter and b) ratings do provide some support for the team, as they get payouts from TV contracts ) and choosing to go to the ONLY bar in Ottawa that in owned and operated by MLSE, when Ottawa has other options (i.e. The Senate, Heart and Crown, etc), including now a spot owned by the Sens. Do you see the difference?

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I feel its a fair question to ask. It's like any issue, some people care and some people don't.

The colour blue and the nations flag are not derivatives of the Leafs.

Furthermore there is a difference between watching the Sens on Sportsnet/TSN (in which a) you have little choice in the matter and b) ratings do provide some support for the team, as they get payouts from TV contracts ) and choosing to go to the ONLY bar in Ottawa that in owned and operated by MLSE, when Ottawa has other options (i.e. The Senate, Heart and Crown, etc), including now a spot owned by the Sens. Do you see the difference?

Ottawa does have other options, but NOTHING like RS.

I personally havent been there, but thats because of season tickets and a projector at home. I would have no issue going there.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Ottawa does have other options, but NOTHING like RS.

I personally havent been there, but thats because of season tickets and a projector at home. I would have no issue going there.

Have heard it's very similar to a Moxie's (more of a sports touch) and or KS on the Keys....i frequent the latter, with zero plans on going to the TML bar dtown in my life.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Senate is better the Real Sports.

That's quite the sweeping statement. I've been to RS only once, for the Colombia-Brazil WC game. It was at capacity. We got a little weirded out when we ordered some apps and they came out in under 2 minutes before our beers even came. Beer prices are high ($7.50 for an average pint; that adds up quick over a 3 hour game).

Overall the place feels like it's trying to be too chic for me to want to go there for a regular sens game. And, a dozen wings is $22.99. Yikes. I don't think I'd go back unless it's a pre-planned thing with friends.

Not in the waitress department

haha this.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
i prefer RS over the Senate especially during the World Cup

the only thing is it is hard to get spots at RS as it is usually the first place to be booked up

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
That's quite the sweeping statement. I've been to RS only once, for the Colombia-Brazil WC game. It was at capacity. We got a little weirded out when we ordered some apps and they came out in under 2 minutes before our beers even came. Beer prices are high ($7.50 for an average pint; that adds up quick over a 3 hour game).

Overall the place feels like it's trying to be too chic for me to want to go there for a regular sens game. And, a dozen wings is $22.99. Yikes. I don't think I'd go back unless it's a pre-planned thing with friends.

haha this.

Holy ****!

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Holy ****!

Their wings are MASSIVE though. You can eat 6 and it's the equivalent of 12 at another bar. Really good flavours too, the garlic Parmesan is my favourite. Great dip they offer as well.

They have a half price app and cheaper drinks every weekday from 3-6. Check it out then if you want to try and the food and see the place.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Best wings in town (imo) is mills street...

i'm not just saying this cause of my disgust at RS, but it looks like something out of 1984...everybody just staring at a screen

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Best wings in town (imo) is mills street...

i'm not just saying this cause of my disgust at RS, but it looks like something out of 1984...everybody just staring at a screen

Hmm will have to try these, best wings ive had to date, non home cooked, in Ottawa were at D&S BBQ

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
Someone brought up a good point to me yesterday- how are the other bar owners downtown going to respond to this? The sens count on them for support for things line shuttles to the game and exposure, and now we've gone ahead and opened up an establishment in direct competition with them. How do they respond? Do they keep buying season tickets and pumping us up or do they say screw you?

And how do Neil and Philly feel? They are both partners in local bars, are their noses out of joint with this? Do sens players shy away from going to this bar to not upset their teammates?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Someone brought up a good point to me yesterday- how are the other bar owners downtown going to respond to this? The sens count on them for support for things line shuttles to the game and exposure, and now we've gone ahead and opened up an establishment in direct competition with them. How do they respond? Do they keep buying season tickets and pumping us up or do they say screw you?

And how do Neil and Philly feel?
They are both partners in local bars, are their noses out of joint with this? Do sens players shy away from going to this bar to not upset their teammates?

Philly's bar is in the west of town (Pinecrest) so I doubt there is much clientele overlap. Big Rig is in the suburbs next to Ikea, and Sens House is in the middle of the entertainment area of downtown Ottawa.

Laoghaire

Jun 1, 2008
Ottawa
So much funnies whenever the topic of Real Sports comes up.

What, do you think if you spend $50 at RS, that it's going to put the Leafs in a stronger position to sign Steven Stamkos next year or something?
Vote with your dollars. Why don't you pour oil on a duck, if you're the only one the environment will be fine.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

And how do Neil and Philly feel? They are both partners in local bars, are their noses out of joint with this? Do sens players shy away from going to this bar to not upset their teammates?

This bar is primarily owned by the guys who Pub 101 and others in the market. They're just essentially paying for the "Senators" brand for their bar.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This bar is primarily owned by the guys who Pub 101 and others in the market. They're just essentially paying for the "Senators" brand for their bar.

Pub 101 is probably one of the worst establishements I've ever been to

It took an hour and a half to get nachos so I didn't tip (the only time in my life I didn't tip, I tip 20-25% usually) and I got kicked out because of it

I'm never going to the Sens House if it's affiliated with the Pub 101 ****tards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad