TSN: Senators looking to add a top 9 forward, willing to deal picks and prospects

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
With White and Watson injured, Dorion has some budget burning a hole in his pocket. We also opened some room with the Dadonov trade

We're probably looking for an established Center for the longterm.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hmm.

Florida has Vatrano (LW), UFA to be but he may be in and out of our lineup.
Good for ~20 goals and ~40pts, 2.53 million cap hit.

2nd-3rd round value for him.
Would Vatrano + prospect for Brannstrom work?

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Hmm.

Florida has Vatrano, UFA to be but he may be in and out of our lineup.
Good for ~20 goals and ~40pts, 2.53 million cap hit.

2nd-3rd round value for him.
Would Vatrano + prospect for Brannstrom work?
I don't think so. I think he's more looking for someone to be a long-term piece at Center.

1. Center is where Ottawa is weakest. They have lots of wing depth, especially at LW.

2. They are likely looking for something long-term, not a UFA or a rental. They probably want someone who can be with the team for 4-5 seasons. They have Tierney coming off the books in the offseason which opens cap room. If they do find someone good, White could get bought out in the offseason super cheaply which would open up even more cap room to retain a big piece.

He is likely looking for a Center on a struggling team looking for a shake-up. If the Rangers had struggled he'd be looking at Ryan Strome or if the Sharks had started poorly, Hertl.

If Seattle continues to struggle 15-20 games into the season., he could look at one of their Centers. He already went after Wennberg in the offseason.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Sean Monahan is your man.
I can see the Senators facilitating a three-way trade involving the Calgary Flames alleged push for Eichel and taking on Monahan as a result

Ottawa is probably leery of Eichel because of the attitude, cost, salary, etc. but Monahan (with his injuries and inconsistency) is like a 50% version of Eichel. Most of the benefit, a lot less expense and downside. Meanwhile the Sabres are unlikely to wait Monahan in an Eichel deal due to the short duration on his contract and their rebuild, so flipping him to a team like Ottawa for picks makes sense.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I don't think so. I think he's more looking for someone to be a long-term piece at Center.

1. Center is where Ottawa is weakest. They have lots of wing depth, especially at LW.

2. They are likely looking for something long-term, not a UFA or a rental. They probably want someone who can be with the team for 4-5 seasons. They have Tierney coming off the books in the offseason which opens cap room. If they do find someone good, White could get bought out in the offseason super cheaply which would open up even more cap room to retain a big piece.

He is likely looking for a Center on a struggling team looking for a shake-up. If the Rangers had struggled he'd be looking at Ryan Strome or if the Sharks had started poorly, Hertl.

If Seattle continues to struggle 15-20 games into the season., he could look at one of their Centers. He already went after Wennberg in the offseason.

Oh, missed the video link there.
Title said forward. So more of a 3C?

Been watching your build from a far and it's been going well.
You guys are gonna be assholes to play against in another year or two.

A big trade could obviously cut into that time frame.

Hertl? If SJ can't get him inked.
Open the wallett but him and Tim together?
Would be magic.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Any interest in Adrain Kempe? If yes make a offer
Maybe.

He's a center. He's experienced. He's on the younger side. He's cheap. He's got size.

The probably looking or someone harder to play against, more physical, and better on faceoffs though.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Any interest in Adrian Kempe? 6'2" LW whose hovered right around 0.5 PPG the last two seasons (he was just above it last year). He's streaky as a scorer, but he's fast and he can also play center in a pinch. Definitely top 9 worthy on a good team, 2nd line vs. 3rd line depends on the chemistry/fit.

I'm guessing the Kings would be interested in Brannstrom as our local insiders say Blake has been looking to add a young, puck-moving LHD.

Reactions: KingTech

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Any interest in Adrian Kempe? 6'2" LW whose hovered right around 0.5 PPG the last two seasons (he was just above it last year). He's streaky as a scorer, but he's fast and he can also play center in a pinch. Definitely top 9 worthy on a good team, 2nd line vs. 3rd line depends on the chemistry/fit.

I'm guessing the Kings would be interested in Brannstrom as our local insiders say Blake has been looking to add a young, puck-moving LHD.
If he's playing LW these days instead of Center, Ottawa will have less than zero interest.

Tkachuk
Stutzle
Paul
Formenton
Sanford
Ennis
Kelly

We're already playing Formenton and Ennis on the right side and pushing Kelly off the roster. Not a chance we add another LW while we're playing Logan Shaw at Center.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Rakell, Silfverberg, and Henrique are all available from Anaheim
We kicked tires on Henrique apparently, but the issue is retention. He already passed waivers last season and he hasn't set the world on fire since.

I'm sure if the Ducks were willing to retain he'd be in a Sens jersey or then they'd have some more suitors. I just don't see them doing so unless they go on a big losing streak.

They've been playing well so far, so I don't' see it.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Maybe.

He's a center. He's experienced. He's on the younger side. He's cheap. He's got size.

The probably looking or someone harder to play against, more physical, and better on faceoffs though.

He has been moved to the wing because of depth in the center position for the kings. Mostly because he is not good on the draw. Now i think this is a skill that he could get better with practice. The king however have Kopitar Danualt Vilardi playing the center top 9 Kempe is a middle six player made sense to move him to the wing. I however think he can play center if given the opportunity Make a offer for him

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
He has been moved to the wing because of depth in the center position for the kings. Mostly because he is not good on the draw. Now i think this is a skill that he could get better with practice. The king however have Kopitar Danualt Vilardi playing the center top 9 Kempe is a middle six player made sense to move him to the wing. I however think he can play center if given the opportunity Make a offer for him
As I mentioned, I don't think he'd be a target due to his play-style. Ottawa under Dorion and DJ Smith has a clear vision for what they want and I really don't think Kempe fits that vision, regardless of his skill.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
but why? They really don't have a shot at making the playoffs unless the wild card requires like 80 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad