Low Effort GDT Senators @ Kings | We (sorta)Love LA edition | Sun Nov 27th 2022, 10:30PM | TSN5, RDS2

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Even if Ottawa was to sign Formenton now (highly doubtful) it's probably too late to make much of a significant on ice impact for this year. Formenton has already missed an entire training camp and 20+ regular season games, even the most rigorous off ice workout regimen can't make up for that missed time. When Nylander held out and signed just before December 1 he went on to have by far the worst season of his career to date.

Same with Pageau when he got hurt at camp.

Reactions: Silencio

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Other than Tyler Steenburgen, every other player caught up in the Hockey Canada investigation is signed to an NHL contract and playing right now. A bunch of them signed new contracts over the summer. Why didn't the league intervene in any of those instances?

I don't think this is the same situation as Mailloux and Miller - both of those guys had already been through the legal system and punished accordingly. At this point Formenton hasn't even been officially accused of a crime, and he may never be.

If he were ineligible to play in the NHL it would be easy for Garrioch or Dreger or whoever to just say it. But they haven't. In fact, they've both suggested the opposite; that he can play and that there is trade interest in the player.

I think the Senators aren't willing to negotiate with him at this point in time, but that other teams may well be.
I hope Dorion does not do a stupid trade; unfortunately I think he might.

Even if Ottawa was to sign Formenton now (highly doubtful) it's probably too late to make much of a significant on ice impact for this year. Formenton has already missed an entire training camp and 20+ regular season games, even the most rigorous off ice workout regimen can't make up for that missed time. When Nylander held out and signed just before December 1 he went on to have by far the worst season of his career to date.
It is not too late to sign him; however, it is too late to dump the GM and coaches who caused this train wreck of a season. :)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They are missing a goal scorer or two on that bottom six, I like most of them, but they need a similar good defensively player who can also put the puck in the net & help out the top six more often. Formenton might be that guy & with his speed he would fit in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad