Not sure why people think Sanderson doesn’t have offensive upside

he has a lot of untapped potential

reminds me a ton of peiterangelo

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Not sure why people think Sanderson doesn’t have offensive upside

he has a lot of untapped potential

reminds me a ton of peiterangelo
Probably because it was most Sens fans first time watching him in the World Juniors and he didn’t really show any offensive flair.

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
Lets put ourselves in Sandersons shoes for a moment. The last month or whatever he's been added to two brand new leagues - NCAA, and this past WJC tournament.

Imagine being Sanderson in these situations. He's likely one of if not the youngest guy on the team. He's likely never played in an a structure as strict at the one UND likes to implement, and he likely has never been in a tournament that has so much viewership and pressure.

The fact of the matter is, Sanderson plays a high pressure position. If he makes a mistake, as we saw, the puck likely ended up in the back of the net. Sanderson acted as the safety net for essentially every single player he shared the ice with, but no one really played that safety net role for him.

Do you guys really think he'd feel comfortable going out there and doing risky pinches, flashy plays, and doing his best Erik Karlsson impressions given the aforementioned? I really, really doubt it.

Let Jake adapt a bit, let him adjust to being under this insane spotlight, and let him adjust to playing against men and top level competition. This guy clearly has the poise, the genetics, and the ability to have a supremely successful career at the NHL level if you ask me.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Lets put ourselves in Sandersons shoes for a moment. The last month or whatever he's been added to two brand new leagues - NCAA, and this past WJC tournament.

Imagine being Sanderson in these situations. He's likely one of if not the youngest guy on the team. He's likely never played in an a structure as strict at the one UND likes to implement, and he likely has never been in a tournament that has so much viewership and pressure.

The fact of the matter is, Sanderson plays a high pressure position. If he makes a mistake, as we saw, the puck likely ended up in the back of the net. Sanderson acted as the safety net for essentially every single player he shared the ice with, but no one really played that safety net role for him.

Do you guys really think he'd feel comfortable going out there and doing risky pinches, flashy plays, and doing his best Erik Karlsson impressions given the aforementioned? I really, really doubt it.

Let Jake adapt a bit, let him adjust to being under this insane spotlight, and let him adjust to playing against men and top level competition. This guy clearly has the poise, the genetics, and the ability to have a supremely successful career at the NHL level if you ask me.

I don't even care if he never develops a dynamic offensive game. As long as he continues to develop his elite defensive play, his ability to transition out of his own end, and as long as offense doesn't die on his stick, then I'm completely happy with the pick. Having a dman play 26 minutes a game that can shut down the other team and makes the smart passes every time he's on the ice is extremely valuable to me. Being able to generate offense is just a bonus to me.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Probably because it was most Sens fans first time watching him in the World Juniors and he didn’t really show any offensive flair.
I mean it’s his first year in the tournament. He should be the go to guy on the us next season playing both top pp and Pk

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad