Rumor: Senators have given interested teams permission to discuss contract with Karlsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
if he agrees to sign a similar deal to Doughty (and take back Ryan)

Severson
Zacha or McLeod
2019 1st

possibly add a piece on top

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Now I see why Armstrong spread out the firsts for ROR O_O. Okay, crazy offer time: Since he's got one year left on his contract and is essentially a rental, Blues offer two firsts and Bouwmeester. If the contract gets extended for the same amount, similar term, Blues offer more.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Seabrook, 2019 1st, forsling, hossas contract, debrincat

For

Karlsson extended + Stones RFA rights

DO IT MELNYK YOU CHEAP BASTID

You know you want to save all that money for the next 7 years

Funniest part is there was a rumour that Chicago wanted the Sens to give up assets for the Hossa contract because it would help Melynk reach the cap floor with a low salary.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
I'd love to see the Leafs trade for him to cement their Evil Empire status. Pitchforks will be brought to every away game they play.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
If the Habs were a contender they could offer Weber and see if Melnyk bites.

If you're the Predators with one year left with Ellis... do you start with Ellis and see if you can make a fit?

justmuckit

Feb 25, 2018
Blues should look into this.

ef8.jpg

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Why? That would be a HUGE haul coming back for a signed Karlsson. One that would alter the team's look in a big way - probably enough to ease the loss of Karlsson. You don't want that. You want Ottawa to trade him from a position of WEAKNESS and get bent over the barrel and go into next season with no identity.

This is the last thing you want, other than Ottawa keeping him to start the season.

:laugh: is this what Sens fans are still telling themselves? You're not getting a crazy haul even for EK signed. It's not happening.

Reactions: amethyst

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Any trade will still involve Bobby Ryan because Melnyk..

I'll be shocked if the sens don't dump salary in this trade.

Reactions: Gordie Howe Army

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I’d still love him on the Avs for a deal around Barrie (can be kept or flipped to another team for a large return) and that 2019 1st.

I think the only way to “win” a Karlsson trade is to get back a franchise player. The problem is that no GM is going to willingly let go of one. Therefore, the only way for Ottawa to win is to get a very high first rounder back. Barrie (or whatever Barrie’s return is) and a 1st sounds like terrible value, but it’s important to remember that that 2019 1st has a very good chance of being top 10 and could easily end up as top 5. Especially if Karlsson is traded (seems likely at this point). Surely Senators fans would love a deal based around Pettersson/Makar/Svechnikov/Heiskanen right? Especially if that prospect had an unquestionable top 10 offensive defemceman like Barrie coming back with them. The only difference between my proposal, and that one, is time. As that 2019 1st is likely to produce a very good prospect with the chance of a truly amazing prospect in Hughes. If it were me I’d much rather a package like that rather than one built around Haula/Brannstrom/Vegas 2019 1st, as that is a trade you’re almost guaranteed to lose.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Now I see why Armstrong spread out the firsts for ROR O_O. Okay, crazy offer time: Since he's got one year left on his contract and is essentially a rental, Blues offer two firsts and Bouwmeester. If the contract gets extended for the same amount, similar term, Blues offer more.

Absolutely awful. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad