LeBrun: Senators emerging as legitimate option for Claude Giroux

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I mean this makes a helluva lot more sense than the Edmonton rumor. But I think he still stays in Florida at a discount. Or maybe Tampa. He wants a cup, Ottawa isn't there yet

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I am not counting on it but I do think if we make a big push and add a few pieces in the days to come, it will go a long way in having him at least consider us as an option.

He is still a difference-maker and doesn't look close to done to me. I think he can be an impact player for at least 2 more years. Would be a game-changer for the team & the fanbase & I do not think that would be lost on CG.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I was always under the impression he wanted to end up there. Obviously has strong ties to the area. He probably wants to compete but he can be part of the solution on an up-and-coming team while having job security at home.

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Wildeye Brewing
People have been saying this since before the Flyers sent him to Florida. It all comes down to what’s most important to him. Either he wants to be close to family, or he wants to win the Cup. I really couldn’t fault him either way.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I mean this makes a helluva lot more sense than the Edmonton rumor. But I think he still stays in Florida at a discount. Or maybe Tampa. He wants a cup, Ottawa isn't there yet

That would have to be one hell of a discount, since he could get 6M x 3 from Ottawa.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Senators need to create some momentum and excitement today so that Giroux's wife can make a more compelling argument that it's time to come home!

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I like the idea of it but LeBrun isn't exactly saying anything novel here.

"Ottawa Senators will emerge has a legitimate option, among other teams"

Ok?
When's the last time we heard that about a significant UFA & Ottawa pre-FA day? I legitimately can't remember one. Only real major day 1 signing we've ever made, Gonchar, seemed to come out of nowhere IIRC.

It's an honour to have even been nominated ;)

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
People have been saying this since before the Flyers sent him to Florida. It all comes down to what’s most important to him. Either he wants to be close to family, or he wants to win the Cup. I really couldn’t fault him either way.

Or he goes to Toronto and has a bit of both.
50’m flight and a gauranteed round 1 game 7

After that you are on your own Claude

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Giroux will decide between winning with Carolina but getting less term, a better chance to win with Edmonton but higher taxes, or money and term with taxes in Ottawa and lesser chance to win in Ottawa.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Giroux will decide between winning with Carolina but getting less term, a better chance to win with Edmonton but higher taxes, or money and term with taxes in Ottawa and lesser chance to win in Ottawa.
You left out most important aspects for ottawa. This is home for him and his wife.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
It's the 1 player out of 7 million that actually has some interest in choosing Ottawa to sign.

So, he'll clearly sign elsewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad