GDT: Senators @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
@JimEIV favorite punching bag !!!
6 years after he was drafted finally scoring some goals is great to see... Nico's 8 goals this season account for 11% of his career total after only 13 games..I suppose better late than never? Hopefully he can crack that 21 goal career high this year. Should get to 100 career goals this year in nearly 400 games

But I think it's totally awesome that he''s 4th in scoring from his draft class this year. Only behind Robertson, Pettersson and Suzuki this season with Makar approaching and Batherson right in the same neighborhood as well.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
It isn't about not being ready. Ottawa clearly isn't ready yet, but they have so much more talent than Buffalo imo.
Debatable. Both teams has a lot. I like senators pool more, but on paper its close. I would call Sabres one dimensional. And I don't think they fixed it this year, quite opposite. But they have a lot of fire power.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
6 years after he was drafted finally scoring some goals is great to see... Nico's 8 goals this season account for 11% of his career total after only 13 games..I suppose better late than never? Hopefully he can crack that 21 goal career high this year. Should get to 100 career goals this year in nearly 400 games

But I think it's totally awesome that he''s 4th in scoring from his draft class this year. Only behind Robertson, Pettersson and Suzuki this season with Makar approaching and Batherson right in the same neighborhood as well.
You were wrong and didn't saw the talent when he was obviously there. Like you were in many many different cases.

But I believe now you are happy to be wrong in general. Is it right?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

This is not progress, this is a disgrace.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009

It's not 6 years after his draft, that would be the summer of 2023. Also, he's producing at a PPG pace for a year now so he "finally started to produce a bit" 4 years after the draft, which is quite normal.
Even more if you take into consideration on what teams he played and that one of those years was the injury/covid year in which he played only 20 games.

But I guess you don't care about those semantics, because you're just here to be miserable, no problem.
The management saw what they have in Nico even when he wasn't producing, for the good of the organization.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Morning folks! What a win!

1668169749129.png

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

ace-ventura-bullshiit.gif

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Man what a thriller.. Any news on Vanecek yet (don't have the time to read the whole thread just yet)? November just started and Devils have once again injured both their goalies, can't make this shit up. The silverlining is we got to see Schmid handle himself under pressure.

Ottawa's offence did not disappoint, pre-game I thought they'd have to score at least 4 to win. Incredible effort by the team (and Schmid) to survive that OT PP.

There's been a lot of back and forth between the fanbases on who has the best young talent, so I'm happy they managed to win this one and keep most of their top guys off the score board. I think that Ottawa team is gonna be a dominant force in the league once they get their D in order / more experience and better goaltending.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

When there’s just literally nothing negative you can say anymore

displeased-fisherman-in-a-boat-on-a-river-picture-id479299654

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

And yet, he’s only 23 years old. It’s almost, like, you know, players take time to develop and reach their prime idk lol

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK

1668173218813.gif

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Nico had 2 massive goal saving defensive plays, he was part of the huge kill at the end, won the faceoff on the following powerplay that lead to his goal seconds later. He's much more than points right now (which he still has a ton of).

He's not driving a line, he's driving an entire team.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Nico had 2 massive goal saving defensive plays, he was part of the huge kill at the end, won the faceoff on the following powerplay that lead to his goal seconds later. He's much more than points right now (which he still has a ton of).

He's not driving a line, he's driving an entire team.

He’s really, really special. All situations leader and the heart and soul of this club.

It’s an absolute joy to watch every shift of his lately.

Get this man a legit winger (I do like Tatar with him though) and sky is the limit.

Hart potential.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

come-on-now-snl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad