Low Effort GDT Senators @ Canucks - 10PM EST - TSN5/RDS - Battle of the basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Could be, and should be, getting reps on the taxi squad. He was playing high end hockey in the Swiss league before camp so he's not totally rusty.

Our defense can't handle the puck. At all. He's worth a try like yesterday.

The competition should be between him and Wolanin, not between Wolanin and ancient Coburn.

This is an oxymoron, I hope you can see that.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
My brain honestly can’t process what’s happening with this team. How are guys unable to make easy passes you see kids making in peewee hockey? Every pass is like a battle of the wills between the stick and the puck. Every decision on the ice seems to be backfiring or ending negatively. Wolanin goes to hold the line on a pretty standard play and next thing you know there’s a partial short handed break resulting in a goal the goalie should have saved.
Is this bad luck? Rust? Or is this just how a bad team loses? I honestly can’t understand how these guys can’t even execute really simple plays. Like, at all.

This is what happens when you have 60% turnover on your team and mix that with the other 40-100% not playing in 10 months. Most of these guys have never played together, there is ZERO chemistry and most of the guys don't even have their legs under them to fall back on. I am not sure what people expected, but it's hard to see a basically completely new team come in and succeed. This is basically what Vegas should have looked like if it wasn't for great coaching from Peter DeBoer.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The easiest part of the rebuild is selling off star talent for futures. The hardest part is actually building it up again and identifying NHL talent to add. So far every single acquisition Morion has made is a failure, and I have no confidence in him or our pro scouting that they will get us out of the basement.

Yeah honestly Dadonov, Stepan, Gudbranson, J. Brown and Galchy to a lesser extent have all come in and done nothing so far. We didn't need all of these scrubs. Not by a long shot.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Colin White and Logan Brown are the biggest dissapointments to me.. Hopefully the new kids don't go down that path. Chabot needs to find his rhythm soon. He's not a spring chicken anymore..

giphy.gif

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Does it even matter to Dorion how bad this team is? Melnyk won’t get rid of him. The Sens GM job is career suicide and nobody else with reputation is going to take it.

Reactions: DrEasy

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
My brain honestly can’t process what’s happening with this team. How are guys unable to make easy passes you see kids making in peewee hockey? Every pass is like a battle of the wills between the stick and the puck. Every decision on the ice seems to be backfiring or ending negatively. Wolanin goes to hold the line on a pretty standard play and next thing you know there’s a partial short handed break resulting in a goal the goalie should have saved.
Is this bad luck? Rust? Or is this just how a bad team loses? I honestly can’t understand how these guys can’t even execute really simple plays. Like, at all.

that's what happens when every player on the roster is asked to play ahead of their talent level. they are all put in a position to fail.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
It also looks like it is time to end the Anisimov and Stepan experiment. They are both too slow and at this point blocking better players from getting in the lineup. Waive Anisimov and trade Stepan for whatever they can get in return.

Reactions: DrEasy and senswon

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I didn’t like Stutzle’s play ... that’s the problem with so many kids in the lineup trying to figure it out.

It's his 3rd game, Let him figure it out. What are you expecting out of him? The team around him is hot garbage too

Wolanin's play was tough luck, he might get better as he plays on and gain confident. Murray should have that, it was an extremely weak goal!

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Combos of Stutzle, Brady, Wolanin, Norris Batherson on the ice for the last two goals ...
The Brady, Norris, and Batherson line have been very bad tonight. Forcing passes, and if they're not forcing them, they're just making dumb blind passes to nobody.

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad