Low Effort GDT Senators @ Canucks - 10PM EST - TSN5/RDS - Battle of the basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
My brain honestly can’t process what’s happening with this team. How are guys unable to make easy passes you see kids making in peewee hockey? Every pass is like a battle of the wills between the stick and the puck. Every decision on the ice seems to be backfiring or ending negatively. Wolanin goes to hold the line on a pretty standard play and next thing you know there’s a partial short handed break resulting in a goal the goalie should have saved.
Is this bad luck? Rust? Or is this just how a bad team loses? I honestly can’t understand how these guys can’t even execute really simple plays. Like, at all.
It’s an extremely, extremely bad team in the best league in the world. This isn’t far off from what should be expected

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Rofl do you see how those 2 kids actually tried to be creative and do something?

Ya - it wasn’t a good play. I don’t have A problem with a rookie making the mistake but he didn’t make a good play. He’ll learn from it. After that Wolanin blew it.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
My brain honestly can’t process what’s happening with this team. How are guys unable to make easy passes you see kids making in peewee hockey? Every pass is like a battle of the wills between the stick and the puck. Every decision on the ice seems to be backfiring or ending negatively. Wolanin goes to hold the line on a pretty standard play and next thing you know there’s a partial short handed break resulting in a goal the goalie should have saved.
Is this bad luck? Rust? Or is this just how a bad team loses? I honestly can’t understand how these guys can’t even execute really simple plays. Like, at all.

This looks like a team with 13 new faces that is also the only team in the division to not play last summer, in a season that had a very short training camp and no pre-season games.

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
Colin White and Logan Brown are the biggest dissapointments to me.. Hopefully the new kids don't go down that path. Chabot needs to find his rhythm soon. He's not a spring chicken anymore..

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
The easiest part of the rebuild is selling off star talent for futures. The hardest part is actually building it up again and identifying NHL talent to add. So far every single acquisition Morion has made is a failure, and I have no confidence in him or our pro scouting that they will get us out of the basement.

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
Our defense is a problem. I wish we still had DeMelo, we basically gave him away for nothing and then opened up the brinks truck for inferior veterans afterwards. I'm not liking the initial viewings to start this season from Matt Murray. He looks unathletic and slow to react and I worry it might be a long 4 years with him.
I still don’t understand the trade. Demelo was solid, relatively young, and relatively cheap. Would’ve fit right in this year. but nah, draft picks are always more valuable

Reactions: h2

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Can't. Dorion took them all when he was building his roster.

You mean the same team that destroyed the Leafs on opening night? This team will have consistency issues, that's a given.
They need the young guys to emerge when given a chance, and they will be given a chance sooner rather than later.
Most of the veterans added haven't worked out early on, but I wouldn't be shocked to see some of them turn it around.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
He went through quarantine, you know because of covid. Should be ready to go after he gets some reps in the AHL.

Could be, and should be, getting reps on the taxi squad. He was playing high end hockey in the Swiss league before camp so he's not totally rusty.

Our defense can't handle the puck. At all. He's worth a try like yesterday.

The competition should be between him and Wolanin, not between Wolanin and ancient Coburn.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
CL-800x445.jpg

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
We would be better if we had 5 more kids like Wolanin in the lineup.

lol, he’s 25 years old.
We just need to find out if he can play hockey, and it’s not looking good. Keep rolling him out for another 15-20 games and we’ll know if he can find his way or not.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It looked like everyone thought he'd keep it in so nobody bothered to fall back in support.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
People have been telling you the team was poorly constructed for years and it still is, seems like you’re finally coming round to it

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
After seeing the replay, I take back what I said about Wolanin on that 4th goal. He tried to knock it back but momentum took him out of the way and he actually did the right thing trying to get back on defense.

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad