Low Effort GDT Senators @ Canucks - 10PM EST - TSN5/RDS - Battle of the basement. PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Listen, I hate the way this team is performing and some of the coaching decisions. But I think I actually want to keep DJ around for another year. This team is terrible and is a pile of spare parts and some decent young rookies. But I want to give DJ the benefit of the doubt and hope that with a real offseason and training camp and not a completely new team thrown together at the last minute he can succeed. I actually think our PK looks a lot better this year than last, and the powerplay hasn't looked as awful as last year.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
So did Dorion draft bad players, or did DJ Smith coach them poorly?

It’s gotta be one of the two...

It’s odd... some posters on here think Dorion is a great scout while at the same time thinking that the players who he drafted aren’t good enough to play in the NHL...

Lmao what? Stop putting words in my mouth. I'm just saying that developing players in a process. They'll be inconsistent and have off-nights. That's why you need vets to add stability. Guys like Tierney are invaluable. Everyone wanted to ship him out this offseason.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Arti second on the team with 3 shots - it is what it is. Don’t hate the playa ... hate your game.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

Maybe the players are responsible? If Chabot is standing still in his own zone and whiffs on the puck then somehow gets lost in coverage resulting in a goal you would say that’s on coaching or management? Cause I would say it’s directly on the player.
If Murray fumbles an easy unscreened shot and kicks it out into the slot resulting in a goal against you would blame coaching? Or management?

The players are doing this to themselves.

Reactions: Erik Alfredsson

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
It doesn’t seem impossible that’s for sure.

The weird part is that I expected they would be bad, & didn’t care that they were going to be bad. They were going to be young, hungry, fast, attack and forecheck like madmen.

then we went out and signed older big or slow, or big and slow players who don’t play that way at all because they’re too busy backing up. Now we’re bad, and slow, and boring.

Tons of posters here supported this approach. We got big guys that were going to insulate the younger ones and make us difficult to play against. Grind out wins etc.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

It’s odd... some posters on here think Dorion is a great scout while at the same time thinking that the players who he drafted aren’t good enough to play in the NHL...

Its the off season vet acquisitions vs the drafting.. and no plan .

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
If Smith gets fired I think we all know that Capuana will finish the season & little will change.

I have a feeling that mullet man can do a bit better. Get a feeling that the players respond to him better than DJ. Not sure if that’s an assistant coach thing or not.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
The Defense is a huge part of the issue. Chabot has struggled this season so he hasn't been as solid at breaking the puck out of the zone and setting up offense on the back end. Zaitsev has impressed so he has been solid. Gubranson, J.Brown and Coburn have been decent but they are there to defend and to not be relied on to move the puck. Wolanin and Reilly have been bad this year. So without Chabot going they need to rely on Wolanin and Reilly who have also been bad. Or those three then turn to players like Gubranson, J. Brown and Zaitsev to try to move the puck out of the defensive zone.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
lol “Love the kids” after the dude spent all week telling us how we are wrong and Dj is the greatest for playing his vets.

Please - my favourite players as Norris, Brady, Brown, Brann. You have series comprehension issues.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Maybe the players are responsible? If Chabot is standing still in his own zone and whiffs on the puck then somehow gets lost in coverage resulting in a goal you would say that’s on coaching or management? Cause I would say it’s directly on the player.
If Murray fumbles an easy unscreened shot and kicks it out into the slot resulting in a goal against you would blame coaching? Or management?

The players are doing this to themselves.

So trade all the players? We just brought most of them in...

Maybe Pierre can do an interview and say it’s time to perform again. That seemed to work.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Listen, I hate the way this team is performing and some of the coaching decisions. But I think I actually want to keep DJ around for another year. This team is terrible and is a pile of spare parts and some decent young rookies. But I want to give DJ the benefit of the doubt and hope that with a real offseason and training camp and not a completely new team thrown together at the last minute he can succeed. I actually think our PK looks a lot better this year than last, and the powerplay hasn't looked as awful as last year.

The PK has been has been just about the only thing that has not been a disaster.

I'm with you on DJ. Getting rid of him now would be silly.

Reactions: Dan Patrick

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Tkachuk needs to stop doing 1 touch passes all the time! Choose your spots! Bulldoze that puck into the net! You're all by yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland