Low Effort GDT Senators @ Canucks - 10PM EST - TSN5/RDS - Battle of the basement. PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I love Nick Paul, Chris Tierney, and Connor Brown, but they shouldn't be your team's best players. We can complain about DJ and nitpick the filler guys, but you're only as good as your best players, and when Chabot and Tkachuk are playing like shit game in and game out, we're not going to win many game.

Reactions: Adrianopolous

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
But it's really bad. To the point that a guy like Chabot looks terrible. I'm starting to think that it's coaching. These guys aren't being equipped with the options to make sound choices.

I remember when we went from Sparky Allison to Jacques Martin. A lot of players who couldn't pass the puck out of their end to save their lives went on to become capable of making decent breakouts more often than not. We're a shambles in our own end (and elsewhere) and I don't think it's all personnel related.

I'm starting to get a bit suspicious about DJ too. But I'm willing to give him 10 more games.

There are so many new faces, we're the only team in the division that didn't play last summer, we barely had a training camp, and no pre-season. But yeah, if we still look like this in a couple weeks, he absolutely should be on the hot seat.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Love the kids but they are getting light up tonight . This is why we don’t dress twice as many.

lol “Love the kids” after the dude spent all week telling us how we are wrong and Dj is the greatest for playing his vets.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
We haven't cracked 100 points in a season since 2005-2006.

I don't know why tonight made me think of that, but it did.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If Smith gets fired I think we all know that Capuana will finish the season & little will change.

Reactions: senswon

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
But it's really bad. To the point that a guy like Chabot looks terrible. I'm starting to think that it's coaching. These guys aren't being equipped with the options to make sound choices.

I remember when we went from Sparky Allison to Jacques Martin. A lot of players who couldn't pass the puck out of their end to save their lives went on to become capable of making decent breakouts more often than not. We're a shambles in our own end (and elsewhere) and I don't think it's all personnel related.

It doesn’t seem impossible that’s for sure.

The weird part is that I expected they would be bad, & didn’t care that they were going to be bad. They were going to be young, hungry, fast, attack and forecheck like madmen.

then we went out and signed older big or slow, or big and slow players who don’t play that way at all because they’re too busy backing up. Now we’re bad, and slow, and boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany