GDT: Senators at Penguins - 7 p.m. ET; ROOT, RDS2, TSN5 - Will Pageau Score Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Let's just stop and appreciate the fact that we signed Boro to a 3 year one-way contract after just 21 NHL games.

But hey, I guess he was born in Kanata and our team NEEDS locals?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Lol if people seriously think Boro is the reason we lost tonight they need to get real. He's absolutely fine as a 6th dman, it's pretty obvious he shouldn't be anything more than that. Does that mean he needs to be replaced asap? No, but it means that he shouldn't be playing top 4 minutes.

No one said that

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Who cares? We lost, it happens, they'll just have to bounce back. Whether we pulled Andy or not doesn't guarantee a win.

Yeah, bolded is why I care.

When you could have won by simply making the obvious decision to pull a goalie, it matters, and the coach should recognize his mistake instead of trying to justify it this way and that.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Boro played that one on one fine. Perhaps he could've been more physical against Malkin and try to separate him from puck since he hits so much but for the most part he did ok going up against one of the best.

The fact is that both he and stone got caught flat footed because Ceci turned it over at our blueline to Kessel who hit Malkin with speed. Boro managed to get on Malkin slowing him up and putting him into a really poor position.

Only thing he might have been able to do better there is get his skate on the puck to stop the play, but that was a fine defensive effort.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
46 shots against
EK 4 points night
but a loss
looks a lot like last year

I prefer to win 2-1

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

When you could have won by simply making the obvious decision to pull a goalie, it matters, and the coach should recognize that instead of trying to justify it this way and that.

Yup, Fleury stunk, so Sullivan replaced him. Andy didn't have his best game tonight, and should have not been in for 7 goals.

Can't complain about Boucher much so far this year, but he made a mistake tonight leaving Andy in.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

When you could have won by simply making the obvious decision to pull a goalie, it matters, and the coach should recognize his mistake instead of trying to justify it this way and that.

Relax, it's like 40 minutes after the game, he doesn't have to say anything. it really isn't a big deal.

No one said that

I think it's pretty clear he's become a whipping boy on here.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
No one said that

Strawman argument to get those of us pointing out the obvious to look bad.

Of course Boro is not the main reason we lost. As you said, no one thinks that. The problem here is that the Boro fanclub is forcing us to justify ourselves for pointing out his numerous mistakes, instead wanting us to ignore them and refrain from posting about it.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Of course Boro is not the main reason we lost. As you said, no one thinks that. The problem here is that the Boro fanclub is forcing us to justify ourselves for pointing out his numerous mistakes, instead wanting us to ignore them and refrain from posting about it.

Lol aren't you the guy who said that Hoffman was only partially to blame for the Philly OT goal? Lol okay then.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The fact is that both he and stone got caught flat footed because Ceci turned it over at our blueline to Kessel who hit Malkin with speed. Boro managed to get on Malkin slowing him up and putting him into a really poor position.

Only thing he might have been able to do better there is get his skate on the puck to stop the play, but that was a fine defensive effort.

Well ceci is the worst of them all.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not get beat?

It wasn't exactly Malkin coming in with room, Boro never got puck or man.

It shouldn't have been a goal, Anderson is at fault there.

I'm not going to blame Boro for that one, only because it's Malkin, but to say Boro played that well is not true from my eyes.

Watch the replay. Ceci made a bad pass attempt which kessel intercepted at our blueline and Kessel hit Malkin with speed. Stone and Boro were flat footed starting from a standstill because the team was supposed to be transitioning to offence if not for Ceci's bad pass while Malkin was skating with speed, Boro recovered quickly and got body on Malkin forcing him to a really, really bad angle on his backhand. Boro literally turned a decent chance into a really poor one with his play there.

If anyone was to blame there, it was a bad pass by Ceci, and Stone being a pylon. Oh, and Andy.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
What did he say?

What did he say?!

He's just really reaching to justify his decision and saying it wasn't a normal situation(mentioned his personal issues), and he was trying to be "respectful" to Andy for some reason, as if that's how pro sports work. He also said something about wanting to take him out a bit sooner but when we went on the PK he couldn't put Condon in for it.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Watch the replay. Ceci made a bad pass attempt which kessel intercepted at our blueline and Kessel hit Malkin with speed. Stone and Boro were flat footed starting from a standstill while Malkin was skating with speed, Boro recovered quickly and got body on Malkin forcing him to a really, really bad angle on his backhand. Boro literally turned a decent chance into a really poor one with his play there.

If anyone was to blame there, it was a bad pass by Ceci, and Stone being a pylon. Oh, and Andy.

That's not how I see it.

I see a terrible play by Ceci.

Awful defending by Boro.

Awful goal-tending by Anderson.

If any kids on my team had done that I would have stapled them to the bench for a while.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

[MOD]

If you want to point not out his mistakes fine, but why only point out his mistakes and not the mistakes of other players?

Last edited by a moderator:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That's not how I see it.

I see a terrible play by Ceci.

Awful defending by Boro.

Awful goal-tending by Anderson.

If any kids on my team had done that they would be stapled to the bench for a while.

Idk what to tell you. agree to disagree then.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Phaneuf 24:45
Ceci 23:52
Wideman 12:38
Englund 8:20
Karlsson 27:31
Borowieki 21:20

As i said earlier Sens played basically with 4 defencemen

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
So... you don't have anything to point out as his horrible mistake on the Malkin goal?

What did he do wrong there? Force one of the more dangerous players in the league to a bad angle bacnkhand shot while Stone did absolutely nothing to help?
Yep, Stone stood and watched, and Andy whiffed on a shot so weak it wasn't even a scoring chance if it didn't go in.
Boro had a bad unforced giveaway to set up Pitt's first goal. After that, he was OK.

If only the Senators would ditch their professional scouts, coaches and managers, with their decades of experience, who waste their time watching endless hours of film and putting their players through all kinds of drills and testing. How could they not realize what HF Boro haters can tell by watching TV?

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
It's because BORO BRINGS NOTHING ELSE. He's a liability.He can't skate, he can't pass, he can't shoot, he can't play defense.

I wouldn't mind if boro was this bad defensively if he could move the puck.

Honestly I really like Boro in Boucher's system. At least compared to last year. Boro jumps into the offence and applies pressure offensively and takes shots on goal. He even did that this game, and it didn't result in goals against. Sure I would rather some Joe Corvo or Brian Campbell like talent at 5/6 D. But that is not who we have on out roster.

Boro is actually playing a very good game this year. A smart game. A less reckless game. He is absolutely doing his job. Over his actually cap hit and pay grade. We don't have better D in Bingo. We don't play Boro too much ice time over others. Boro does not screw up the effective system that has been effective in most every game this season but tonight.

Boro had a solid game and ended up in a game where Malkin and Crosby were monsters. Every play tonight vs the twin towers coukd have easily been made by Phaneuf or Ceci. Boro wasn't even bad. He was more unfortunate then bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad