Pre-Game Talk: Game 6: Bruins @ Leafs Thursday @8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Game day. Walked around the house for 5 minutes before I remembered there was a game tonight. I might be ok. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Difference is knowing Woll has a great game under his belt for the first time since coming back from injury. This is giving me hope.

Torn on Matthews. 50% Matthews is still pretty good. But if he has to leave half way through an elimination game, leaving them short a forward, it could be disastrous. I think it will be up to the rest to raise their game in his absence. If he out it’s not just recovering from a flu, he must have injured something that last game.

Get that PP going, we should be able to win this.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
1714650580338.png

Life as a Leaf fan….

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
In his defense, he didn't say the Leafs would be the team winning if we went up 2-0.
Fair point.

Really hope they win tonight. They played so bad in game 4, then showed up for game 5, will they show up tonight?

I still don't understand how these guys can play well some nights and then mail it in on other nights. It's the playoffs FFS, why can't you just pretend it's November or February when you seem to be able to somehow play pretty consistently for an entire month?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
“This year is different”.

Come on, say it with me…
If "This year is different", our Leafs would have swept the Bruins in four straight.

There is NOTHING DIFFERENT this season !!!

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
MLHS's post-game summary of Keefe's presser had the following, when Keefe was asked about Woll's performance.

Because of that and how the games and the series have gone, we have had daily discussions about when the right time is to get Joe in. Because of Sammy, how he has played, how he has competed, and how he has bounced back so many times — including from Game 1 to Game 2 in this series — you stay with Sammy, but Joe showed tonight why we have confidence in him.

I really hope I'm misinterpreting this, and he's not actually suggesting Sammy is in next game...
I heard it that Woll is for sure in, but he's appeasing Sammy.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
MLHS's post-game summary of Keefe's presser had the following, when Keefe was asked about Woll's performance.

Because of that and how the games and the series have gone, we have had daily discussions about when the right time is to get Joe in. Because of Sammy, how he has played, how he has competed, and how he has bounced back so many times — including from Game 1 to Game 2 in this series — you stay with Sammy, but Joe showed tonight why we have confidence in him.

I really hope I'm misinterpreting this, and he's not actually suggesting Sammy is in next game...
This is taken out of context. He was referring to why Sammy went back in for game 4

Reactions: PeE eL DuBoiS

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
mind games are for children and psychopaths

it doesn't change the calculus for anyone

I couldn’t say if mind games are effective or not but they certainly exist in playoff hockey and roster decisions and holding your cards close.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
I am so conflicted. On one hand, yeah I want the leafs to win and prove everyone wrong and beat the bruins then win the cup.

But realistically, I can’t see them winning with marner on the team and JT as captain and keefe coaching. Like I would hate if they force game 7 (win but then get dummied by panthers or lose) then the team says “oh we had injuries and we are going to run it back”

Like I am at a point of win the cup or blow it up. No in between.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad