GDT: Senators at Penguins - 7 p.m. ET; ROOT, RDS2, TSN5 - Will Pageau Score Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yep, Stone stood and watched, and Andy whiffed on a shot so weak it wasn't even a scoring chance if it didn't go in.
Boro had a bad unforced giveaway to set up Pitt's first goal. After that, he was OK.

If only the Senators would ditch their professional scouts, coaches and managers, with their decades of experience, who waste their time watching endless hours of film and putting their players through all kinds of drills and testing. How could they not realize what HF Boro haters can tell by watching TV?

So you would have given Boro a 3 year, 1-way contract after his first 21 games? That's what our management had done.

We have not among, but the worst professional scouts in the league. That I am 100% certain of.

Just because our management has made choices doesn't make them the right ones.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Oh Christ, get over yourself buddy!

If you want to point not out his mistakes fine, but why only point out his mistakes and not the mistakes of other players?

[MOD]

I point out mistakes from every player that makes it, every game. I'm posting a lot about Boro because 1) He was not good tonight and 2) because you and a bunch of others keep insisting it's for some unknown reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Btw, I have to take back what I said about Hoffman, the guy has been great lately and I hope him and Stone keep it up.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
He's just really reaching to justify his decision and saying it wasn't a normal situation(mentioned his personal issues), and he was trying to be "respectful" to Andy for some reason, as if that's how pro sports work. He also said something about wanting to take him out a bit sooner but when we went on the PK he couldn't put Condon in for it.

Enjoyed his coaching this year but this was probably his worst coaching decision thus far. He will learn from it. Had he pulled him earlier it would've lessen the blow since he gave up 7 by the end of the night.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Far too much negativity here after this game.

If it weren't for Anderson absolutely ****ing the bed, in what was undoubtedly one of the worst games he has ever played in a Sens uniform, along with some bad calls/puck luck, we would have won this one. Played a Pens team in their own barn that was firing on all cylinders, and we almost outscored them. Probably deserved to get at least a point in this one.

There are obviously some negatives, but there are a lot more positives to take from this one.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Enjoyed his coaching this year but this was probably his worst coaching decision thus far. He will learn from it. Had he pulled him earlier it would've lessen the blow since he gave up 7 by the end of the night.

I'd like to think so as well, but the justification makes me think he felt it was the best approach despite the results.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I'd have been happier had he pulled andy after 4 even if Condon ended up letting in 3 or 4 goals afterwards. I just feel sometimes a goalie swap can help re-focus the skaters, and we kinda needed that after some deflating goals.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

If it weren't for Anderson absolutely ****ing the bed, in what was undoubtedly one of the worst games he has ever played in a Sens uniform, along with some bad calls/puck luck, we would have won this one. Played a Pens team in their own barn that was firing on all cylinders, and we almost outscored them. Probably deserved to get at least a point in this one.

There are obviously some negatives, but there are a lot more positives to take from this one.

The PP and PK were outstanding

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

I agree. We had a very good chance to win despite everything. There was a lot of good here, namely the special teams, which are key to our success going forward.

That and Stone is a complete BOSS.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I'm still really pissed about that penalty shot call. that right there sealed our fate and had zero business being called.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I'd like to think so as well, but the justification makes me think he felt it was the best approach despite the results.

It's a delicate situation. Seeing that Guy is a much more personal coach and given Andys situation he probably thought he'd let him play it out. 7 goals was probably the limit but by that time the game was over in time and score.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
One thing I'll say is everytime Neil was on the ice we were hammered in our zone for the entire shift it was insane.

Get somebody to play that spot who has more speed after Neil plays 1000

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Can't win them all. We gave up way too much in that 1st and then Anderson had a rough 2nd and 3rd.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
One thing I'll say is everytime Neil was on the ice we were hammered in our zone for the entire shift it was insane.

Get somebody to play that spot who has more speed after Neil plays 1000

Robinson looked OK. I'd be fine with him taking Neil's spot, particularly against fast teams.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

LOL. Your second paragraph exemplifies your first.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It's a delicate situation. Seeing that Guy is a much more personal coach and given Andys situation he probably thought he'd let him play it out. 7 goals was probably the limit but by that time the game was over in time and score.

I want to believe the coach is there to make the tough decisions, not to dance around the player's personal issues. Now, giving Andy this start was already very good of Boucher given Condon's SO last game, so he shouldn't have been worried about offending Andy after 4-5 goals, he should have been focused on getting us the win first and foremost. Andy would have gotten over it, I'm sure. He's a pro.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We were a terrible penalty shot call, and a Hoffman post away from taking the game to OT.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I think Guy was stuck between a rock and a hard place there. It's unfortunate. It is a tough situation with Andy. He is here and he wants to play when he is here or he'd be at home. I still think Condon should have started the 3rd. The player in the moment isn't the best judge of how they are playing. Just being a little off can make a big difference. That's why Eug pays Guy the big bucks

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Let's just stop and appreciate the fact that we signed Boro to a 3 year one-way contract after just 21 NHL games.

But hey, I guess he was born in Kanata and our team NEEDS locals?

And we have a cheap quality 5/6/7 D man for about a million buck per year?

With how Boro is playing this season if we wanted to trade him at this deadline (we won't because we are all in to at least make the playoffs) he would have a ton of value to contending teams. NHL leader in hits that can play 12/15 mins a game and PK... while if needed can play 20+ minutes a game.

If he was up for trade to teams that were thinking about 3/4 round playoffs this year and even wanted just an injury lottery ticket at 7 D.

NHL D are hard to find. Any D that is even a servicable 6 D that has special skills has a ton of value.

I can't understand how signing Boro for 3 years at like $1.1 million per has at all been a bad move in any way shape or form. It was a great move. Then and now. In foresight and hindsight.

And yes in some individual game Boro might not be making as big an impact hitting everything that moves. If he is our 6th D in the playoffs and he plays 12/13 minutes and beats up on the other team... over a 7 game series that pays some dividends.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I want to believe the coach is there to make the tough decisions, not to dance around the player's personal issues. Now, giving Andy this start was already very good of Boucher given Condon's SO last game, so he shouldn't have been worried about offending Andy after 4-5 goals, he should have been focused on getting us the win first and foremost. Andy would have gotten over it, I'm sure. He's a pro.

To be honest I would've liked him to start Condon since he came off a shutout. Had Condon crapped the bed Andy would've came in relief and he would get the next start regardless of the outcome

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Robinson looked OK. I'd be fine with him taking Neil's spot, particularly against fast teams.

Agreed.

Let it be him of if we acquire a player and get injured players back maybe Pyatt can go there.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Some notes on the game:

Anderson couldn't stop a beach ball. Everyone bickering about Boro and Ceci and whoever but Anderson flat out lost us this game. Boucher shoulda pulled him earlier, Sullivan was smart enough to realize MAF was playing bad and pulled him perfectly but man did Anderson play terribly. First two he had no chance but 3 to 7 were yeeesh.

When your goalie plays a terrible game and you lose by only 2, then there isn't anything one should really complain about because the forwards and defenders realize they can't make a single mistake and second guess everything and it's harder to evaluate who screwed up where.

With that being said, Boro was very bad. Forget about the Malkin goal, that was all Anderson, the goal by Schultz was horrendously handled by Boro and another one but I forgot which.

However, the best takeaway we can get from this game is Phaneuf might very well be invaluable to this team in the playoffs with the game he plays, especially since he doesn't have the pressure on him of being a number 1. Man was he amazing tonight. After he got in the face of Crosby, Crosby became quiet rest of the game.

Karlsson was absolutely stellar. My friend was watching a game with me for first time and told me if Karlsson is the best player in the NHL, in a game that featured Crosby and Malkin, lol. He couldn't stop talking about him.

Dzingel is very good.

Turris i find really struggled to assert himself down the middle of the ice yet again. He is a solid number 2 centerman and perhaps 1b but nothing more, imo--unless he adds a lot more strength. Whoever was on the ice was walking through the middle like it was nothing when Turris was on.

Stone is ****ing back

Hoffman is excellent but only offensively, however I won't complain if he keeps producing but man does he get pushed around and is lost defensively.

Wideman shoulda definitely got more minutes

Kelly had a really poor game too, especially first 30 minutes, the entire 4th line for that matter, that's why Boucher split it up. Their age showed.

Overall we played a solid game vs cup champs imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad