Post-Game Talk: Senators at Flyers | November 12, 2022 |

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
"lol they show a graphic comparing Giroux to Clarke as if Clarke didn’t play against gym teachers and bus drivers."

gettyimages-515119418-612x612.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Jackets and Habs are the only obstacles to a 16 game losing streak. This is bad and going to get worse. The skill is almost nil and this coach insists on making it worse.

Won Flyer was positive other than TK today vs a team struggling like no other.
You didn't see Tippett make plays all over the ice, stealing the puck, winning board battles and a perfect setup for Sanheim?

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Flyers controlled that game except for the score, which is what I predicted weeks ago, as they get acclimated to Torts' schemes they'll play better, but without 3 of their top 5 scorers, goals will be tough to come by. Which is why they fire the puck and go to the net, they'll need to score on rebounds, especially when top players like Sanheim miss on wide open shots.

Sedlak - Cates - MacEwen line had a 2nd game where they dominated possession, xGF 89.56%
On a deep team, they'd be a great 4th line/energy line.

Allison was having a great game when he got hurt, and watching it, I have no idea how he got hurt.
Shame, b/c Tippett - Laughton - Allison were flying.

Frost was MIA, he's not horrible, he's just not . . . compare to TK, who makes things happen every shift, or Tippett who had a great game with Laughton as his center (good player but not much of a play maker at center), I'm starting to think Tippett may be a better player than Frost. In fact, it's not even close.

A couple dumb penalties, Farabee's trip and Laughton's "slash," and a bad acting job. Deslaurier's got the shaft, it's not like he tried to cut the player off, I see a dozen interference non calls that are far worse every game.

Don't care about hits except to the extent they knocked pucks lose on the forecheck, but the problem is other than Cates and TK, most of their forwards don't have great hands, so they cause turnovers but struggle to keep possession and set up plays - but that's the difference between top six and middle six forwards.

Wonder if they bring up Foerster (do they want to rush him) or J Cates (safe choice at LW, move Tippett back to RW).
Bellows will come back in . Tipper goes back to right side would be my bet .

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
You didn't see Tippett make plays all over the ice, stealing the puck, winning board battles and a perfect setup for Sanheim?

Watched it all. Great pass to Sanheim ,
Horrid on the PP , few board battles , but being fed the ice time he gets , need offense.

First rate player is humble and sincere vs. stubborn, arrogant, clueless know it all coach

Torts , Nicky , Little Mac , Seelsy , Sedlak , Catesy watsey, they all did their jobs once again. All other Flyers are to blame according to Tortsy.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bellows will come back in . Tipper goes back to right side would be my bet .
Bellows may come back in for a game or two, but unless he raises his level of play substantially, it'll simply accelerate his path to the waiver wire (and LHV).

Problem is I don't think they want to rush Foerster or Desnoyers or Wisdom.

Lycksell is a possibility, I think he's been playing well for LHV lately, and at 23 the concern is more about his adjustment to NA hockey, not whether he's physically and emotionally ready for the NHL.

Ratcliffe has shown nothing, Marody is just back from injury, Brooks I think is still out. Willman is a long shot but he did play half a season last year and he has speed.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Torts is such a stubborn senile old man that refuses to even by the tiniest amounts adjust to current nhl play , this a snowball rolling down a hill right now.
im not jumping on torts' wagon, but what is the use of adjusting wih this line up? there is really no point, other then the things he is doing, like mixing the lines up and trying to catch a spark. i still think he is evaluating, and as the season goes on i think alot of players ice time will go down a little i hope, especially with some players returning, if they do. i just hope 15 from now torts desnt prove me wrong and keeps players where they dont belong after that amount of time.

Reactions: renberg

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
This is a horrid team, but they have a winning record and the last four games have a xGF >50%?

Nah, mediocre to bad is more like it, even last year wasn't horrid, it was just bad.
Now Anaheim and CBJ are the closest to horrid this season. And they're still a notch above.

Given the injuries, this team is playing over its talent.

The goalie is probably playing over his talent, the rest of the team........ well, there's not a lot of talent I guess. The Flyers are at the bottom in goals scored, don't care about your fancy metrics, then can't score. Without Hart, they're a horrid team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad