Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Bb5JbFp.jpg

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Zac lacks attack still suxs

It is legal for the other team to play their 1g goalie against the flyers and play well.

38 minutes played well and then the Hindenburg set in

Flusher still a moron

Reactions: bennysflyers16

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Flyers controlled that game except for the score, which is what I predicted weeks ago, as they get acclimated to Torts' schemes they'll play better, but without 3 of their top 5 scorers, goals will be tough to come by. Which is why they fire the puck and go to the net, they'll need to score on rebounds, especially when top players like Sanheim miss on wide open shots.

Sedlak - Cates - MacEwen line had a 2nd game where they dominated possession, xGF 89.56%
On a deep team, they'd be a great 4th line/energy line.

Allison was having a great game when he got hurt, and watching it, I have no idea how he got hurt.
Shame, b/c Tippett - Laughton - Allison were flying.

Frost was MIA, he's not horrible, he's just not . . . compare to TK, who makes things happen every shift, or Tippett who had a great game with Laughton as his center (good player but not much of a play maker at center), I'm starting to think Tippett may be a better player than Frost. In fact, it's not even close.

A couple dumb penalties, Farabee's trip and Laughton's "slash," and a bad acting job. Deslaurier's got the shaft, it's not like he tried to cut the player off, I see a dozen interference non calls that are far worse every game.

Don't care about hits except to the extent they knocked pucks lose on the forecheck, but the problem is other than Cates and TK, most of their forwards don't have great hands, so they cause turnovers but struggle to keep possession and set up plays - but that's the difference between top six and middle six forwards.

Wonder if they bring up Foerster (do they want to rush him) or J Cates (safe choice at LW, move Tippett back to RW).

• Haha
Reactions: Cody Webster

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
i cant wait for Torts to finaly snap at a presser..

i feel hes already regretting this job and hes holding it inside..

but its coming...
I doubt it, I think he knew exactly what he was getting into.

He's done this before, so it's not like a shock for him, I mean the Flyers had the 4th worst record last season and let G walk and didn't acquire a major player (other than TDA, and that was to replace Ellis).

Reactions: renberg

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
i cant wait for Torts to finaly snap at a presser..

i feel hes already regretting this job and hes holding it inside..

but its coming...

He has a horrid team , but his archaic decisions are only making the team look so much worse.

To be this bad offensively and defensively, no matter who the players are , is pretty impressive to pull off. He’s Mike Yeo in an Aladdin vest.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He has a horrid team , but his archaic decisions are only making the team look so much worse.

To be this bad offensively and defensively, no matter who the players are , is pretty impressive to pull off. He’s Mike Yeo in an Aladdin vest.
This is a horrid team, but they have a winning record and the last four games have a xGF >50%?

Nah, mediocre to bad is more like it, even last year wasn't horrid, it was just bad.
Now Anaheim and CBJ are the closest to horrid this season. And they're still a notch above.

Given the injuries, this team is playing over its talent.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
This is a horrid team, but they have a winning record and the last four games have a xGF >50%?

Nah, mediocre to bad is more like it, even last year wasn't horrid, it was just bad.
Now Anaheim and CBJ are the closest to horrid this season. And they're still a notch above.

Given the injuries, this team is playing over its talent.

Jackets and Habs are the only obstacles to a 16 game losing streak. This is bad and going to get worse. The skill is almost nil and this coach insists on making it worse.

Won Flyer was positive other than TK today vs a team struggling like no other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad