GDT: Senators at Bruins - 7PM - TSN5 - Break out or outbreak edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
PP1 trying too hard to force plays, including trying to manufacture a goal for Timmy.

Should have had Chabot and Brannstrom out to close out the game.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
From where i sit it looks like some people just want him to play and see what he is. If he fails, he fails. No one thinks he's anything yet, they want to see though with their own eyes and not have dolts like Gord Wilson and Dean Brown's and Bruce Garrioch's biased ass reviews.

On the other side it feels like people like you actively hope he fails as an NHLer just so you can tell the 'haters' I told you so.

The "Dolts": Garrioch, Wilson and Brown!

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He absolutely is lazy. He doesn't engage and does the absolute bare minimum.

Sorry - he’s not a motor … but your eval is way off. If you were right he wouldn’t play so many leveraged situations vs his peers.

there aren’t many forwards on this team who works smarter/harder. Paul does … Watson does when healthy … formy is developing…

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I am beginning to think that coaching is a big part of the problem. We will never become a competitive team if we have an awful second period 75% of he time.

Reactions: Bileur

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
For a physical game we needed more out of Tkachuk. He really didn't seem to be his usual self.

Norris must be one of the guys fighting something because he was terrible.

Would have liked to see a bit more of Sokolov

PP cost us imo,

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
From where i sit it looks like some people just want him to play and see what he is. If he fails, he fails. No one thinks he's anything yet, they want to see though with their own eyes and not have dolts like Gord Wilson and Dean Brown's and Bruce Garrioch's biased ass reviews.

On the other side it feels like people like you actively hope he fails as an NHLer just so you can tell the 'haters' I told you so.

I just said I don't hate him at all. It's right there.

If you want my opinion, he's the 2nd best PP QB on the team. He's great at walking the line with the puck and finding shooting lanes.

Good passing. Helpful on breakouts. Good handling and creativity.

But, for a small guy, he's not as fast as you'd hope. He can't get himself out of trouble. Takes a lot of contact due to it.

Looks like he needs more lower body strength. Or at least get lower? Not sure exactly what, but he's light on his feet.

He's not able to win net front battles. He gets boxed out. It's a size thing, but also a strength thing.

Now, does his PP ability outweigh the deficiencies at 5v5 play? That's what he needs to sort out, because right now, it's not enough to keep him in the NHL full time, in the opinion of DJ and Dorion, which sucks, because Del Zotto is atrocious at hockey but he's got a 1 way deal.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Do you think he'd be even better if more fans went to the CTC and bought hotdogs and beers ?

not sure - I think players like playing in front of full buildings …. it would be easier to bump payroll if people did ?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Well time to crack open a beer
At least it was close tonight, I expected them to get steamrolled
Kind of what I thought. We kept it close & didn't get blown out. It was still another L though. Oh well.

Reactions: Deku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad