Player Discussion Senators announce leadership group for 2021

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
According to natural statrick Sutton played 195 of his 276 5v5 reg season mins with the sens paired with Karlsson and 100 of his 116 playoff mins.

They were definately paired together.

I will always remember that hit. Your video made me want to watch that game so I watched the first 18 seconds and the Sens Regin scored a goal! :)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
To talk to the refs I think.
That rule seems to be basically dead.
MIT seems like I’m much more perturbed than I actually am. It’s just another year for something else to speculate over.

and the explanation of “tkatchuk is a question mark long term” if that’s the case we got bigger problems. Maybe making him captain would be step one in signing him then.

also I would not like chabot as captain. A d man who can be a bit too adventurous out there prone to some d mistakes. I don’t want half the fan base arguing over our captain. AGAIN. Tkatchuk is the perfect choice. Universally loved among fans. Obnoxious work horse.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
First of all whats the rush? These players are so young they dont necessarily know yet if they are good leaders, there is absolutely no hurry. Whats fake? That they are aware that a known player has leadership qualities?

I guess the counter argument is why not assign captaincy to an older guy who plays the right way and will retire in a couple years like they did with cunneyworth. That would allow the younger guys time to show leadership and take over the captaincy in a couple years.

Reactions: bert

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I guess the counter argument is why not assign captaincy to an older guy who plays the right way and will retire in a couple years like they did with cunneyworth. That would allow the younger guys time to show leadership and take over the captaincy in a couple years.

Older guys tend to be wiser due to experience in both hockey and life experiences. Younger guys tend to be more exuberant and reactionary.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
How many years we gonna go without one? Just pick one for goodness sake. Now gudbranson who just arrived is an assistant lol. Please. It’s so fake.
If it was a farce though, you wouldn't hear about players like Tarasenko being disappointed to be passed over.

Naming guys like Yashin or Duchene assistant stinks when they're caught on video mocking coaches can tear team morale and cohesion. Having good example guys like Methot, Phillips, Neil, Kelly getting Alternates makes a big difference in team culture.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If it was a farce though, you wouldn't hear about players like Tarasenko being disappointed to be passed over.

Naming guys like Yashin or Duchene assistant stinks when they're caught on video mocking coaches can tear team morale and cohesion. Having good example guys like Methot, Phillips, Neil, Kelly getting Alternates makes a big difference in team culture.
They were alternatives we still stunk with them as alternatives.

What you can’t wear a letter but also make fun of the coaches behind their back? Lol please. The rest of them did that too.

also that’s not what I meant by farce. I mean this constant three A’s with a new guy getting an A seemingly just to keep the two returning players wearing an A honest? I have no idea.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Gudbranson shouldn't have an A. It should be CBrown or Tierney. Those guys never take a shift off and their effort is something every player should follow

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Letters are given based on watching the team practice and interact together. All the things that we, as fans, don’t get to see or be involved in.

I’m always surprised that fans have such strong opinions on things that are so very obviously based on information that they don’t have access to.

Chill, Winston....

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Letters are given based on watching the team practice and interact together. All the things that we, as fans, don’t get to see or be involved in.

I’m always surprised that fans have such strong opinions on things that are so very obviously based on information that they don’t have access to.

Chill, Winston....

You didn't mention locker room but that's where most of the "leadership" happens. And it's behind closed doors. All we hear is medias speculate about it. There's no factual information about this. As fans, making statements on leadership is a big fallacy

Personally, I really even read these threads/comments because that's something I have basically no idea of. If Gudbranson is a natural leader, then good for him.

Anybody complaining about this really is trying too hard to find reasons to complain.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Tkachuk better sign if he wants it. IMO I think the players at the pro level should have some say

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
I will always remember that hit. Your video made me want to watch that game so I watched the first 18 seconds and the Sens Regin scored a goal! :)

That was the series where Regin looked like he was gonna become a legit 1st line winger. Sigh...

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad