Player Discussion Senators announce leadership group for 2021

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
I think it's kind of nice that Gudbranson has an A, so he can argue on the spot in his own defence when he commits suspendable offences.....

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
First of all whats the rush? These players are so young they dont necessarily know yet if they are good leaders, there is absolutely no hurry. Whats fake? That they are aware that a known player has leadership qualities?
We last had a captain 3 years ago lol.

pretty clear tkatchuk or chabot will be the captain. Make one home the other away.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Remember when the Wild had a rotating captain every month? I remember Brad Bombardir rockin the C

Reactions: Xspyrit

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
First of all whats the rush? These players are so young they dont necessarily know yet if they are good leaders, there is absolutely no hurry. Whats fake? That they are aware that a known player has leadership qualities?
We get rid of all of our captains so it's probably for the best.

Reactions: Cosmix

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
In all seriousness the want to give it to Brady but they don't want to have to give him the pay bump as Captain. Sign him to an extension then give him the C.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
We last had a captain 3 years ago lol.

pretty clear tkatchuk or chabot will be the captain. Make one home the other away.

Not a fan of that concept, might as well have two A's at that point ...which is basically what they are doing.

In a couple of years:

Tkachuk - C
Chabot- A
Stuetzle- A

Reactions: Samsquanch

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

and the season is like three months long... who cares. Ridiculous post.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Not a fan of that concept, might as well have two A's at that point ...which is basically what they are doing.

In a couple of years:

Tkachuk - C
Chabot- A
Stuetzle- A
Do that right now. Do we not know about tkatchuk yet?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Im actually really excited to have gudbransson on the team. Loved him as a junior player with the Fronts

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I find the 'C' one of the most overrated things in sports. Getting a C on your jersey doesnt power you up to a Super Saiyan captain with more leadership powers.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I find the 'C' one of the most overrated things in sports. Getting a C on your jersey doesnt power you up to a Super Saiyan captain with more leadership powers.
Yeah a hundred percent. It’s a tradition. That’s it. But if that’s the case what on earth are there 3 A’s for lol.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Maybe closer to Andy Sutton than Methot. Early in Karlsson's career he played some of his best hockey when paired with Sutton so maybe the Sens can replicate that with Chabot and Gudbranson.
Are you thinking of Filip Kuba? Andy Sutton played a grand total of 24 games in Ottawa, and I don't recall him playing with Karlsson much.

Reactions: robsenz

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Are you thinking of Filip Kuba? Andy Sutton played a grand total of 24 games in Ottawa, and I don't recall him playing with Karlsson much.
It was a short stretch of games but I do remember them paired together. Sutton played really solid with him and it gave Karlsson a ton of confidence.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Do that right now. Do we not know about tkatchuk yet?

To be fair, I have always been on the Tkachuk for Captain train, meanwhile there others who would prefer Chabot. At the end of the day, the decision comes down to the coaches and Dorion, and maybe they feel as if both Chabot and Tkachuk are worthy but they do not want to make a decision that sends the wrong message?

Also, as others mentioned, Tkachuk is a question mark contract wise long term, would be pointless to give him the "C" only to have to give it to another player after 2 seasons.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Was only able to find this video, but Karlsson was on the ice with Sutton when the hit was made.

Another video showed Sutton playing with Volchenkov and Karlsson with Phillips.

According to natural statrick Sutton played 195 of his 276 5v5 reg season mins with the sens paired with Karlsson and 100 of his 116 playoff mins.

They were definately paired together.

Reactions: Cosmix

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Yeah 3 A's is fine this season. Name one next camp. All good.

I will say that from (very) limited viewings, Timmy does seem to have the combination of skill, dedication, heart to lead... HATES losing too. Just sayin.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Seems like they are waiting for Tkachuk to sign a new contract before slapping the C on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad