Confirmed with Link: Senators acquire Mike Amadio from LA for Christian Wolanin

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Meh. I was never a huge fan of Wolanin but I still would have given him more rope than the Sens did. It was clear, however, that that wasn't going to happen here.

Amadio is at least a very good AHL center that we can play with Abramov and/or Sokolov to help them for the rest of this year.

All the best to Wolanin. Hopefully he can resurrect his career elsewhere.

Last edited:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Wolanin played in the season opener, Reilly didn't. Strange to suggest Reilly was given an opportunity that Wolanin wasn't. Reilly played better and stayed in the line up, it's a simple as that.

Exactly. Wolanin was given the inside track even though Reilly had the more extensive career. Wolanin played poorly, so Reilly came in. Now today, Reilly is playing way better than Wolanin.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
giphy.gif

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Good for Wolanin. Hopefully he will get a better shot in LA.

One thing is clear with the Veronneau, Lajoie, Jaros, Chlapik and now Wolanin moves is that it's clear we care about these players and are trying to give them opportunities elsewhere. Other players take note of that when it comes time to sign free agents. Players know they won't get f***ed over if they come to Ottawa.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Tierney may also be moved,as I dont think the club wants to lose either Watson or Brown

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Wolanin was not part of the future and Sens knew that and with his UFA status and age it was time to let him go and try and shine somewhere else. He was on waivers and could have been picked up for nothing says a lot what the other teams interest in him was.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
There is zero chance that Connor Brown will be exposed, IMO. Unless there are a series of huge trades he'll be protected. Watson probably will be protected but I can't see us exposing Connor Brown. Very good player on a reasonable contract.
Thats good news ,and Watson has some good vibes as well 1.5 mil for a fast tough team first player...I dont want us to lose him

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Thats good news ,and Watson has some good vibes as well 1.5 mil for a fast tough team first player...I dont want us to lose him

I'm not sure I'd call him fast (LOL) but Watson has done his job well. I feel like he's the kind of player you replace with an ELC, if need be, but I'd be fine keeping him.

I think we'll lose either Abramov or one of our young goalies (Daccord or Gus). I don't think Watson would be selected even if he was exposed. I think that Seattle will go for either:

A) Young players who could still be around when they become competitive,

or

B) Players who will have value at the 2022 TDL.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'm not sure I'd call him fast (LOL) but Watson has done his job well. I feel like he's the kind of player you replace with an ELC, if need be, but I'd be fine keeping him.

I think we'll lose either Abramov or one of our young goalies (Daccord or Gus). I don't think Watson would be selected even if he was exposed. I think that Seattle will go for either:

A) Young players who could still be around when they become competitive,

or

B) Players who will have value at the 2022 TDL.
No you are likely right.but Watson is that kinda enforcer type that can actually play a decent role...But for sure if something better comes along then Iam sure we could move him

Reactions: Sweatred

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Wolanin played in the season opener, Reilly didn't. Strange to suggest Reilly was given an opportunity that Wolanin wasn't. Reilly played better and stayed in the line up, it's a simple as that.

Considering they just played a game with 9 F and 7 D. This is also a strange argument.
When reilly did play at the start of the year he was just as bad if not worse than wolanin. It was a nightmare. Out of reilly brann and Wolanin I think all could have games like reilly has had if played into the ground.

It wasn’t an argument? Oh you think the argument was Belleville *literally* has no Defesneman.?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad