Confirmed with Link: Senators acquire Mike Amadio from LA for Christian Wolanin

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Well here it is folks, finally getting the franchise centre we've all been arguing about. We can put the Monahan/Eichel trade proposals to rest now.

But tbh not sure why we made this trade, Wolanin has more value to us. Whatever I guess

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Damn! Wish him all the best in LA. Hope he works out over there.

Brannstrom is up to stay now...

As for Amadio, he has a good amount of NHL experience and is a center so not bad of a return I guess. He’s also a bit younger than Wolly

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Very whatever. Not sure what reilly did at the start of the year/camp to be preferred over wolanin. I think Wolanin would have had just as many decent games if you played the shit out of him Like they did Reilly. Oh well

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Troy Mann has to be a little frustrated lol. No defence down there that’s for sure

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Very whatever. Not sure what reilly did at the start of the year/camp to be preferred over wolanin. I think Wolanin would have had just as many decent games if you played the shit out of him Like they did Reilly. Oh well

Wolanin played in the season opener, Reilly didn't. Strange to suggest Reilly was given an opportunity that Wolanin wasn't. Reilly played better and stayed in the line up, it's a simple as that.

Troy Mann has to be a little frustrated lol. No defence down there that’s for sure

Considering they just played a game with 9 F and 7 D. This is also a strange argument.

Reactions: The Expert

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I guess The Kings will get Wolanin to play enough games at the NHL level to be an RFA at the end of the year, something the Sens weren't willing to do.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Wolanin was just a massive dissapointment. Just enough potential/tools to keep you excited but the one ice play didn't match..

To be fair to Wolanin, the injury he suffered prior to last season has clearly set him back. He could still turn into a NHL player but he needs time, spending the rest of the season in the AHL would probably go along way in finding his game but that route leads him to UFA. From an Ottawa perspective they ran out of time, Wolanin didn't raise his game and others did but that's not to say time has ran out on his NHL career. I am hopeful he can turn it around, wish him luck in the future and will continue to follow his career.

Reactions: aragorn

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I though Amadio was a decent 4th liner, but it appears he has done nothing this year. This will probably end up being a pretty inconsequential deal.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I would say Mike who but I got called out for not knowing who Dadonov was soooooo.............who the hell is Dadonov again? Oh yeah, he's that sniper we got to fix our power play.

Another nothing trade to appease somebody who cares. lol

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I guess The Kings will get Wolanin to play enough games at the NHL level to be an RFA at the end of the year, something the Sens weren't willing to do.
Cant see this, likely LA just needed a defender for depth in the AHL and could leave exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad