Post-Game Talk: Senators 6, Penguins 4 - IT'S OVAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
3 game winning streak starting Monday.

Which Monday?

maxresdefault.jpg

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
You know what. Here's the thing that maybe frustrates me as much as anything: Sprong has taken 1 full shift all year with Geno. In Vancouver. You know what happened. The Pens played a few crap games with him in the lineup after that one. Obviously, you saw what happened tonight.

And, since that great shift in Vancouver, Sprong has taken 0 shifts with Geno.

That's not about Sprong being the end all and be all. He may be a bust for all I know and frankly care. BUT, this team is in the crapper. And, you can't find 1 shift for Sprong with Geno, to see maybe if there was something to that shift in Vancouver?

Right there . . . that 100% for me is everything that is wrong with Sully. NOT his treatment of Sprong. His refusal to do what might work again because he doesn't like it . . . an arrogance that accepts losing IF he's doing it his way.

Very Bylsma like

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
From what I watched, him and Simon were good tonight. The 10:18 makes me happy

Would be nice to see him with an above the line Center for a game. I'll even take a game with Brass at this point, that actually could work.

Jake may need to be moved. Might work well for both teams if the right trade is made.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
As I said during the game, Maatta on the PP is dressing Wilson level dumb.
Sully's been making inane decisions dating back to last season. We should be use to this level of stubbornness and ineptitude. Remember he's the boss! For better or worse. And no player will get the better of him!

Reactions: EliteGoaltending

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Never thought this team would play at this level with cups and pride. But the sad facts are GMJR has to act to right the ship. Some bodies over board and move on. A threat is only a threat unless it is realized.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Would be nice to see him with an above the line Center for a game. I'll even take a game with Brass at this point, that actually could work.

Jake may need to be moved. Might work well for both teams if the right trade is made.

Gee, if only there were a center Sprong played a grand total of 1 shift with this season where that shift was successful and showed you the promise Sprong offers.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
So... what now?

I honestly don't know.
Guess i'll just hope for small things atm with Riiko in for Olli, CDS starting in net, and Sid back.

In terms of the trade front:
I imagine interest in Sprong picks up but other GM's are probably throwing JR anvils atm.
I also imagine the interest in Olli is next to nil atm.
Probably some interest in Rig, Rust, Brassard and maybe a Ruhwedel?
Maybe someone values Sheahan?
All i got.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The sad part is that I have no more confidence in JR being the guy that can right this ship. He's a guy that seems to be obsessed with skilled players like Alex Semin and retreads that he has won cups with. You won't win anything with having nothing but pure skilled players and past good players for you.

Reactions: KIRK

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Lol at trading Jake. Why would the team move him for anything other than a stupid trade by the other GM? Let's play Sprong more in hopes of getting him going, but trade Jake because he's played inconsistent for 18 games?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sully's been making inane decisions dating back to last season. We should be use to this level of stubbornness and ineptitude. Remember he's the boss! For better or worse. And no player will get the better of him!

As @12IsGreaterThan47, the stupidity started last year with Sully, and this year he's been 'doubling down on dumb'.

Reactions: Ryder71

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Brass looks like he needs a few more games..or weeks...he didn’t look healthy

Reactions: John Titor

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Lol at trading Jake. Why would the team move him for anything other than a stupid trade by the other GM? Let's play Sprong more in hopes of getting him going, but trade Jake because he's played inconsistent for 18 games?

No, trade Guentzel because he's already showing effort problems, you can get someone less 1-dimensional than him and you save yourself from a bloated contract extension.

No one like Guentzel should be off the table in terms of a trade. If this is the Guentzel they're going to get moving forward, that's going to be a big problem for $5+ million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad