Olympics: Semis Game Thread: Slovakia vs Finland

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
I think that this is not looking very easy for our team Finnish Lions. Leading the lead is good, and if they can maintain the score, even better!

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Slovakia has probably 10 shots from negative angle, and Im not making it up. They shoot from absolutely everywhere, which makes alot of shots but we defend better than the shot chart says.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Slovakia has probably 10 shots from negative angle, and Im not making it up. They shoot from absolutely everywhere, which makes alot of shots but we defend better than the shot chart says.
We don’t have the quality of players to really get into really good look outside of our first line. But yes I agree this feels like Slovak game vs Sweden at WJC

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Finland has the best D in the tournament. They may not be optically possessive and dominant, but with a strong D and a killer instinct to burry one more chance than your opponent is a winning formula.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Also Hudacek alone has at least 3 shots from the neutral zone.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Probably the best game we've played against Finland in a decade, still not enough. One year we'll break it.

Slovakias story reminds me so much of Finlands journey to the top, so close so many times (1988,1994 etc) It kind of feels like a path you just have to go through, enough of these and soon you’re winning and a serious contender year in year out

Reactions: Czechboy

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Well, that was the worst game i've seen in a while.

Slovaks deserved more, but that's how it goes sometimes, Finns play like this in the final and they're getting destroyed.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
The worse team won today. Thank you Slovakia! You played really, really well. I hope you take bronze.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad