WC: Semifinal Pre-Game Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
I don't see why the Swiss can't win this. 8-0 in the tournament, only undefeated team. Sure the US is a step above the Czechs but still, Swiss have the best goalie pair, very good D and 4 lines that can score.

I predict a Swiss win:yo:

Haha if you guys make it to the Final i will cheer for you! even if you play against Sweden;)

WildFinn*

Well, at least inside Finland there is a lot of variance between the love and/or hate towards Sweden and Swede's in sports. Some people don't like Sweden due to maybe language issues or some sort of inferiority complex. Others like to cheer for Sweden due to it being our loved neighbours and one of the nicest countries a Finn could visit as a tourist, imo.

Personally, I cheer for Sweden in football but in hockey I don't cheer for Sweden since I usually only cheer for the underdogs like Norway, Denmark, Switzerland etc. to beat the "big-7" countries. On top of that I cheer for Finland, duh, and Slovakia. I feel compassion towards Slovakia since they share the same problems Finland has, which is an aging core of veterans/NHL-players who don't always get the chance to play for their country in the WC's.

Oh, and Miroslav Satan. Boy, it was a long time ago when I first giggled due to his name playing NHL97.

But yeah, I would bet the feelings towards Swedes and vice versa are due to some imperialistic heritage. I don't know, but I'm sure British people could explain this stuff better. Although, the population in Finland doesn't hold any grudges towards the times when you rules us :laugh: That would be quite pathetic.

ps. I will miss the Sweden-Finland game due to my own soccer match. I've been contemplating whether I'd break my ankle by hammering it or something else to let me be able to see the game.

pss. Sweitzerland-Sweden final

It is the language issue mostly behind this, i personally dont blame Sweden for our internal issues.

What is pathetic is that the SFP (Svenska Folk Partie) of Finland spreads propaganda into Sweden how they are being ethnically cleansed in Finland. :banghead:

When historically they have had clearly racist views and policies towards Finnish speakers, no apologies from them yet.

Swedes dont understand that it is mandatory for Finns to study Swedish in the school, that is more than protecting a minority language.

Sweden has a large Finnish speaking minority but i doubt they will make it mandatory for all to study it for years.

I have to clearly state that i dont want Swedish language to die in Finland.

The services should be organized in the local level like in Sweden with Finnish speakers where the bilingual communities exist.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
What is pathetic is that the SFP (Svenska Folk Partie) of Finland spreads propaganda into Sweden how they are being ethnically cleansed in Finland. :banghead:
Really? How exactly are they doing this?

When historically they have had clearly racist views and policies towards Finnish speakers, no apologies from them yet.
What racist policies exactly? And what comes to minorietis I haven't heard an apology from Finns towards the Sami people.

Swedes dont understand that it is mandatory for Finns to study Swedish in the school, that is more than protecting a minority language.
I'm pretty sure they understand and they couldn't care less whether we learn the language or not. We speak English anyway. And Swedish is not an endagered language.

Sweden has a large Finnish speaking minority but i doubt they will make it mandatory for all to study it for years.
That's true, but lately Finnish speaking minority in Sweden have got better rights, for example elementary schools in their own language.

WildFinn*

Really? How exactly are they doing this?

By feeding their false information to Swedish officials and media.
If you havent observed i can go trough the trouble and find it for you?

What racist policies exactly? And what comes to minorietis I haven't heard an apology from Finns towards the Sami people.

http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axel_Olof_Freudenthal#Toiminta_ruotsin_kielen_puolesta

I wouldnt mind any apologies for the Sami but im sure Swedes can do that also.

I'm pretty sure they understand and they couldn't care less whether we learn the language or not. We speak English anyway. And Swedish is not an endagered language.

I dont think most Swedes know that all Finns study Swedish as mandatory subject.

Swedes could comment on this?

That's true, but lately Finnish speaking minority in Sweden have got better rights, for example elementary schools in their own language.

Yes and i am suggesting that Swedish gets the same status in Finland as Finnish has in Sweden.

Fair deal?

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
I dont think most Swedes know that all Finns study Swedish as mandatory subject.

Swedes could comment on this?

Yes moste of the Swedes know that they study Swedish in Finland.

Well you need to study finnish in Sweden if you live in the very north part of Sweden like Kiruna osv.

WildFinn*

Yes moste of the Swedes know that they study Swedish in Finland.

Well you need to study finnish in Sweden if you live in the very north part of Sweden like Kiruna osv.

Even if they are Swedish speakers? Havent heard about that.

But hardly the whole population like in Finland, you think this is a fair situation?

I can tell that i like Sweden, have Swedish speaking roots partly and my gf is Swedish speaker so if we have children someday they will be bilingual.

This is really hurting the relations that i would like to be closer between the two countries.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Even if they are Swedish speakers? Havent heard about that.

But hardly the whole population like in Finland, you think this is a fair situation?

I can tell that i like Sweden, have Swedish speaking roots partly and my gf is Swedish speaker so if we have children someday they will be bilingual.

This is really hurting the relations that i would like to be closer between the two countries.

Well if you want to work on a bank or something you better speak both Swedish/Finnish up there. Well that's what people i know from there told me and nothing i can say for sure.

not even close to the whole population but i don't really care Swedish is the main language of Sweden and it shall stay that way just as i think the main language is Finnish in Finland and shall stay that way.

Tbh i don't really care about that i like Finnish people they are a hardworking and honorable people, and i think most of the Swedish people feel that way also.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Fair deal?

Freudenthal and his counterpart died 100 years ago. The "holy language fight" is over and Topelius may rest in his grave.

Swedish is pretty much the "Nordic lingua franca" so it won't hurt us to learn the language. Eastern counties should learn Russian instead, I agree you with that.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Elva tolva luppakorva. Now sleep. And then I'll go to the local bar. Order some lonkero on the rocks and play Elvis from jukebox. Good night/morning ya'll!

WildFinn*

Freudenthal and his counterpart died 100 years ago. The "holy language fight" is over and Topelius may rest in his grave.

Swedish is pretty much the "Nordic lingua franca" so it won't hurt us to learn the language. Eastern counties should learn Russian instead, I agree you with that.

Or maybe German or French like they study in Sweden.
Many people working as public servants or in business would still learn Swedish.

I think this current policy is a large scale mistake that strains relations.

I would actually be ready for a confederation with Sweden instead of this EU experiment but Swedes fear the Russians too much to go for that.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
I would actually be ready for a confederation with Sweden instead of this EU experiment but Swedes fear the Russians too much to go for that.

Well that's not true if Sweden would fear Russia that much don't you think we would have join NATO already?

WildFinn*

Well that's not true if Sweden would fear Russia that much don't you think we would have join NATO already?

You are behind our back. :D
You would have to start the conscription again also, we will never give up that. :p:

Real reason is of course the hockey team that would be in every final in every tournament.:naughty:

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
You are behind our back. :D
You would have to start the conscription again also, we will never give up that. :p:

Real reason is of course the hockey team that would be in every final in every tournament.:naughty:

Haha yeah for sure Sweden and Finland would make an awesome hockey nation together, but then again the language difference would be a problem:p:

WildFinn*

Haha yeah for sure Sweden and Finland would make an awesome hockey nation together, but then again the language difference would be a problem:p:

Works for the Swiss, they have good solutions for others to copy.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
We pretty much already have. Our current NATO non-alignment is just as much of PR ******** lie as the official line that we were neutral during ww2 and the cold war.

Haha that our government licking the USA's but is nothing to hide behind the table, but still we are not a true member of NATO and our government said i think it was last year or so that it depend on what Finland did;)

Works for the Swiss, they have good solutions for others to copy.

Haha yeah and it definitely working for the Canadians:p:

WildFinn*

For sure it will be an awesome match i think it probably will be better then the Swedish vs Canadian match because of the rivalry between this two teams;)

Either the other team dominates totally or it is this prolonged heart attack to the end, nothing in between this time.:help:

Finland is the underdog in paper and they also moved to Stockholm.
I hope some Finns traveled over, this team need the crowd.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Either the other team dominates totally or it is this prolonged heart attack to the end, nothing in between this time.:help:

Finland is the underdog in paper and they also moved to Stockholm.
I hope some Finns traveled over, this team need the crowd.

Haha then i hope there will be one team that dominates totally:p cuz i hate when it is heart beating matches:D

WildFinn*

If the Finnish coaching staff had the intelligence they would use, Korpikoski-Granlund-Pihlström line, to break the Swedish defense open, but they wont.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad