GDT: Semifinal - May 25 - Russia vs Finland

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Well, that's a HUGE overstatement, they've done nothing but strangling skillful teams. Just enjoy your success and I really like the story, but come on now, don't get cocky. When your entire strategy revolves around strangling better teams, you can't exactly claim it's universally entertaining hockey with a straight face, can you?

I'm not complaining, it's absolutely fine, but don't go overboard here. Well, sure, it's "entertaining" and it is a close game like hell, but... in reality it's just a bunch of Finns skating around like crazed lemmings within certain patterns, that they would scream out if you woke them from a bad nightmare. The Finnish players collapse around their net faster in any situation than I would be able to pronounce "Kalsarikännit".

Don't claim that "no other team has played as entertaining hockey as Finland", because then you're just 100% dishonest, or crazy. Or a patriotic Finn.
Finland controlled the game with the puck. It would've been 5-0 if Finland had players with more scoring touch. That's not anti-hockey.

sooni

Oct 23, 2014
Vaasa
Kaski will make against Känädä 2. Savinainen with one and ofc. Kakko will make last one.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Russian media and players just said that Finlands hockey is bad for the game.

Had Russia won that game, its 100% sure that no Finnish player would've said anything even remotely close to that.

Many of them are fans of the players they just defeated. Sore losing, nothing else. They know that they should've won the game, and aftermath talks just show that they didn't have right attitude.

Game itself would've easily gone either way, but it didn't. There was nothing controversial either, influencing the result. Some professionalism please. Not too much to ask from some of the best players of the game, tho I can understand some of their emotions.

How exactly its bad to demonstrate that the Hockey is indeed team game? (rethoric question)

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Dont quote me. It was russian media who said finland played anti hockey.

Ryska sågningen: Går inte att njuta

That makes no sense. The objective of the game is to score more goals than opponent. Finns did exactly just that.

How that was Anti-Hockey? And if someone demonstrated that, it was Team Russia, not Team Finland. Team Finland managed to play game such way that their worst weaknesses didn't get big role, while effectively killing the best advantage of Russians: their much higher average skill.

Its not like they were someway handicapped coming to the game.

bar1

Apr 16, 2012
Sweden is known for anti hockey, which is freezing the game. This did not seem anything like freezing the game, it was about giving 100% from start to finish. Pushing hard all the way.

What is anti-hockey for you guys?

I would really like to see my home town team giving as much on the ice every time!!!

Reactions: Merya

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Finns can be proud of this team. They play with so much heart and spirit that they can even beat the higher skilled teams. And I'm happy for Finland that Marjamäki is no more the head coach. I'm convinced with Marjamäki they never had won against Sweden after a 2 goals deficit.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Finns can be proud of this team. They play with so much heart and spirit that they can even beat the higher skilled teams. And I'm happy for Finland that Marjamäki is no more the head coach. I'm convinced with Marjamäki they never had won against Sweden after a 2 goals deficit.
They most likely wouldn't have even made the quarter-finals with Paskamäki.

Reactions: Ippenator

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Chills. Any way to hear him announce Anttila's goal?

Swedish reactions to Finnish Team have made it lot more easier to be less "hard liner" what comes to SWE-FIN rivalry.

Personally, I'll gonna root for Sweden next time when Finns are out and Sweden is playing in the final. The Law of Karma.

However, this doesn't apply to FIN-SWE matches. Never!

Reactions: Merya and Koijari

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad