G 35 Veini Vehviläinen
F 15 Arttu Ilomäki
F 27 Eetu Luostarinen

Last edited:

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
What did you feel while killing russians
Let's keep this kind of garbage out of hockey discussions. (WW2 is ancient history now and everyone has some dark pages in that book. And it just doesn't belong here at all.)

I feel the only chance for Team Finland is Team Russia somehow coming apart at the seams and forgetting teamplay. Doesn't look likely. So the underdog is obvious... If a near miracle happens, it'll feel like winning the final already...

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I am only afraid of one Russian player on that roster: Gusev. We'll see how far he'll carry his team.
Well, Kuznetsov and Kucherov are not the most fun players to play against. It´s not like Malkin or Ovechkin are a joy to play against either.
The thing with Russia is that they have some role players like Telegin, Sweden had none of those. The goalies are better as well.
We need better goaltending against Russia.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Well, Kuznetsov and Kucherov are not the most fun players to play against. It´s not like Malkin or Ovechkin are a joy to play against either.
The thing with Russia is that they have some role players like Telegin, Sweden had none of those. The goalies are better as well.
We need better goaltending against Russia.
Malkin and Ovechkin are old dogs who are used to losing to Finland when it matters. Kuznetsov and Kucherov, I agree about what you said.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Well, i don't want to talk down legends. Kuznetsov has always been something special, i remember when he was dominating in the world juniors against older players and strong Canadian teams. Tarasenko was good, but boy was this Kuznetsov something else. Elegant and so smooth skating with great puck control and still a team player in my opinion. That´s why he has been one of my favorites, besides Finnish players of course.
I wonder if Jalonen changes goalie? He has the balls, that´s for sure.

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
Although I want to see Finland get the Gold this year, but Ruski has show they are stronger this year, gonna be tough for Finland.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
So, the 128 pts guy who happens to be #2 in scoring this tourney doesn’t get you worried ?

Calma. Of course we are. You guys are massive favorites. I gave Finland a 10% chance against Sweden. Now i give us two percent. But you know what? It´s still hockey and we can always hope for the best.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Russia's a huge favorite, but Finland's always managed to piss Russians off and can always win for some reason. Still, the expectation should be that Russia will win by a good margin.

Reactions: king89 and Koijari

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad