GDT: Semifinal - May 25 - Russia vs Finland

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
If Finland manages to win this, will it only be because of how bad Russia played, and not because how good Finland played?

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
If to abstract from usual pre-game bragging our Finn forum mates are right. Finland is probably most inconvenient opponent for Russia. So there is some chance for them

Hzzz

May 5, 2012
Tell me when Russia has played their best in a best-on-best tournament and when Ovechkin has shown up? They lost in Sochi to us.
He made the all star team in the 2006 olympics. Ovechkin was also decent in the 2016 world cup and 2010 olympics. He was terrible in Sochi, I'll give you that.

thestudent

May 10, 2011
Russia has the superior team, far and away... but as usual they come to the game against Finland ready to lose.

Reactions: Sentinel

AGol

Apr 17, 2019
Finland’s tournament is already a success and exceeded all expectations. If Finland maitains the fighring spirit shown during the last period vs Sweden, they have a chance.

Remember 2007 tournament when Russia was crushed in OT

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Finland’s tournament is already a success and exceeded all expectations. If Finland maitains the fighring spirit shown during the last period vs Sweden, they have a chance.

Remember 2007 tournament when Russia was crushed in OT

English is not my native language so I may be wrong. But I doubt that the word "crushed" fits well to "OT".

Reactions: Sentinel

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Brain and logic says this goes for Russia. Heart and emotion say that this goes to Finland.

From this Team Finland I expect a good fight. The Lions are failed only if they lose it ugly, otherwise its "win".

Its not like Team Russia will come to this game thinking "piece of cake". Its going to be mentally lot more difficult for Russians to adjust this game, than its for Finns.

Come on! Its FEL B/C-roster there. Your NHL status means nothing if you won't play accordingly in this game. That's why Team Russia will win this one. ;)

Flick of the Switch

Apr 26, 2015
Rus Fin BINGO.png

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
I was sure the Finns were gonna win the Swedes, even more sure of them winning against the Russians. I think Russia’s fast pace playstyle plays right into the Finns hands. The trap and the ”lyijy” will be strong in this one. 1-4 for the Finns!

Edit: At least in my dreams :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: king89

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
The only way Finland wins this is if they manage to frustrate Russians by shutting them down for long periods offensively. This hopefully leads to stupid penalties and if Finland manages to get lead in pp, maybe Russians will fall to their old habits of players trying too much by themselves. Only then they could realistically lose this one.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad