GDT: Semifinal • May 13 • Finland 3, Russia 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Granlund is more proven. Tarasenko might have same skillset but Granlund has ability to control game and do whatever he wants. He made russian NHL defenders look like juniors like 5 times. Granlund is aswell mentally very strong. It's very hard to find a player which has nerves like his i think that is the big difference which seperate these 2 players. Granlund lifted his FEL team to the champion which is an big playof choker as a 19 years old. Granlund have been best player of team finland so far. I would take granlund everytime if i had to choose from these 2. No question. Tarasenko is great leader and awesome prospect but Granlund is ahead him in every aspect of this game. Never seen player who is as smart as Granlund not even Datsyuk...

Well, in any case, my point remains. Our prospects are no way worse than Sweden or Finland, yet they don't get room. This is the problem.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Granlund is more proven. Tarasenko might have same skillset but Granlund has ability to control game and do whatever he wants. He made russian NHL defenders look like juniors like 5 times. Granlund is aswell mentally very strong. It's very hard to find a player which has nerves like his i think that is the big difference which seperate these 2 players. Granlund lifted his FEL team to the champion which is an big playof choker as a 19 years old. Granlund have been best player of team finland so far. I would take granlund everytime if i had to choose from these 2. No question. Tarasenko is great leader and awesome prospect but Granlund is ahead him in every aspect of this game. Never seen player who is as smart as Granlund not even Datsyuk...

Please stop with the ******* hype. You people are overrating him and it won't do any good to anyone. He's good, but he's not Crosby and he's not Datsyuk (not yet at least) and probably won't even have the best NHL career of his own age group.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Please stop with the ******* hype. You people are overrating him and it won't do any good to anyone. He's good, but he's not Crosby and he's not Datsyuk (not yet at least) and probably won't even have the best NHL career of his own age group.

Learn to read, never said hes better than Datsyuk hes just smarter. And you disagree all what i posted? seriously.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki

Please, Granlund will be luck if he gets even close to Datsyuks numbers, but Datsyuk is a three time Selke winner (so far) on top of his numbers and Granlund won't touch that.

I won't even bother to comment further on the Crosby comparison.

Learn to read, never said hes better than Datsyuk hes just smarter. And you disagree all what i posted? seriously.

I can read very well, thank you. I wasn't replying to just you, but to you Granlund hypers in general. And yes, I seriously disagree that he's smarter than Datsyuk. Maybe Datsyuk at 19. I also disagree with the general tone in which you talk about Granlund. He can't do "what he wants". He can't get past defenders every time he tries and not all his passes are good. Sometimes he even has terrible giveaways. Forgivable, sure, but you people are putting him up on a pedestal where he doesn't belong.

Last edited:

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC

Holy overhype. Let's see what he does in the NHL first before you even start placing him in the same sentence as Datsyuk.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Please, Granlund will be luck if he gets even close to Datsyuks numbers, but Datsyuk is a three time Selke winner (so far) on top of his numbers and Granlund won't touch that.

I won't even bother to comment further on the Crosby comparison.

Seriously are you stupid? Comparisons are for describing playing style not numbers. Lights on.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Holy overhype. Let's see what he does in the NHL first before you even start placing him in the same sentence as Datsyuk.

What i made wrong? I'm still with my opinion that Granlund is smarter player i ever seen never said hes better than datsyuk. With your point it's wrong to say that Granlund has better hands than Mikko Koivu because mikko plays in NHL.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Seriously are you stupid? Comparisons are for describing playing style not numbers. Lights on.

When you say he's smarter, you imply that he makes better decisions on the ice than Datsyuk. Better decisions lead to better numbers. Also, as the Selke is an award for a defensive forward, I consider that to be a part of "playing style" as well. And, once more, I wasn't posting just for you, but you overrating fanboys in general.

Yes, I'm stupid, I guess.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
When you say he's smarter, you imply that he makes better decisions on the ice than Datsyuk. Better decisions lead to better numbers. Also, as the Selke is an award for a defensive forward, I consider that to be a part of "playing style" as well. And, once more, I wasn't posting just for you, but you overrating fanboys in general.

Yes, I'm stupid, I guess.

Your logic fails. Smartness isn't the only skill you need. You need insticts, puckhandling skill, good skating. With your logic a smart hockey player without skill and speed would make better numbers than smart physical and great skating player. Datsyuk is very smart combined good skating, puck skills. Thats better than Granlund who is slightly smarter but is much worse skater and has less experience. Well you fail with your logics and all if u had any base on it then i would agree. I still say Granlund isn't even near datsyuk as a hockey player hes just smartest player i've seen. IF thats overhyping that i think that Granlund is better than Tarasenko and smarter than datsyuk then go learn more about game named hockey. compared Granlund to datsyuk just told my opinion about smartness of granlund. I think best comparison for granlund is marc savard.

Last edited:

RedLeader

Feb 13, 2008
Your logic fails. Smartness isn't the only skill you need. You need insticts, puckhandling skill, good skating. With your logic a smart hockey player without skill and speed would make better numbers than smart physical and great skating player. Datsyuk is very smart combined good skating, puck skills. Thats better than Granlund who is slightly smarter but is much worse skater and has less experience. Well you fail with your logics and all if u had any base on it then i would agree. I still say Granlund isn't even near datsyuk as a hockey player hes just smartest player i've seen. IF thats overhyping that i think that Granlund is better than Tarasenko and smarter than datsyuk then go learn more about game named hockey. compared Granlund to datsyuk just told my opinion about smartness of granlund. I think best comparison for granlund is marc savard.

I liked the pre-edit when you insulted his intelligence some more:shakehead

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Your logic fails. Smartness isn't the only skill you need. You need insticts, puckhandling skill, good skating. With your logic a smart hockey player withous kill and speed would make better numbers. Datsyuk is very smart combined good skating, puck skills. Thats better than Granlund who is slightly smarter but is much worse skater and has less experience. Well you fail with your logics and all if u had any base on it then i would agree. I still say Granlund isn't even near datsyuk as a hockey player hes just smartest player i've seen. IF thats overhyping that i think that Granlund is better than Tarasenko and smarter than datsyuk then go learn more about game named hockey.

Yes, it's not the only skill you need to score points, but I still disagree that Granlund is smarter than Datsyuk. Datsyuk is a machine out there. Sure, instincts and puck handling are a part of what makes him that machine, but it's mostly his decision making, which comes from just being a smart hockey player. And I say this as a fan of both Detroit and HIFK, so I can assure you I've seen enough of both.

If you had said "Granlund is one of the smartest" and not "never seen anyone smarter", I wouldn't have even touched the subject. And I never said anything about Tarasenko. Haven't seen him play enough to touch that subject.

And yet again I must stress that I was not replying just for you, but to the hype machine in general. You were just a small part of it.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I liked the pre-edit when you insulted his intelligence some more:shakehead

I don't really think his stupid. It's good to have own opinions and post them. I agree with him than Granlund has been overhyped at several times. But posting that i overhype him with his fail logic's and without any base on it.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Yes, it's not the only skill you need to score points, but I still disagree that Granlund is smarter than Datsyuk. Datsyuk is a machine out there. Sure, instincts and puck handling are a part of what makes him that machine, but it's mostly his decision making, which comes from just being a smart hockey player. And I say this as a fan of both Detroit and HIFK, so I can assure you I've seen enough of both.

If you had said "Granlund is one of the smartest" and not "never seen anyone smarter", I wouldn't have even touched the subject. And I never said anything about Tarasenko. Haven't seen him play enough to touch that subject.

And yet again I must stress that I was not replying just for you, but to the hype machine in general. You were just a small part of it.

Yeah it's right to have own opinions. If i think his smarter than datsyuk that is my own opinion. There is 1 thing which seperate these 2 in my eyes. Datsyuk plays with emotions granlund not so much. Datsyuk takes stupid penalties sometimes granlund never saw 1. That is part of hockey smartness aswell but it's good to have emotions aswell. I agree with the overhype with you but not that i overhype him.

Last edited:

RedLeader

Feb 13, 2008
I don't really think his stupid. It's good to have own opinions and post them. I agree with him than Granlund has been overhyped at several times. But posting that i overhype him with his fail logic's and without any base on it.

Thing is , you are making a judgement on a players intelligence when you have no way of knowing. You have no empirical data to back it up, you have literally no base to stand on. In those cases people are a little more careful than saying a 19year old is smarter than the player who came in NR1 in the nhl players poll who the smartest player in the league is. Outlandish statements like those , without any factual basis is the foundation of hype, just like Toews "intangibles" etc.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki

If you want to split hairs, you did say "he can do what he wants", which is untrue and total overhyping. But it never was so much what you said, it's how you said it. Being enthusiastic like that and using hyperboles just makes you seem like an irrational fanboy despite the other content of your post.

And why do I need "base" for my opinion that Datsyuk is smarter when you provided nothing to support your own argument. How do you compare who is smarter anyway? It's a matter of opinion and mine just happens to differ from yours. And I don't think I'm the only one.

And like I said, many times, my post was not aimed just at you.

Datsyuk takes stupid penalties sometimes granlund never saw 1.

OK, what? You are talking about the 4 time Lady Byng winner Pavel Valerievich Datsyuk of the Detroit Red Wings... right? The man who takes approximately 0.13 minor penalties per game? Granted, Granlund doesn't take many penalties either, but it's hard to label Datsyuk as someone who takes stupid penalties. Datsyuk had 5 minor penalties this year. Granlund had 7... in 20 less games.

Last edited:

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
Yeah it's right to have own opinions. If i think his smarter than datsyuk that is my own opinion. There is 1 thing which seperate these 2 in my eyes. Datsyuk plays with emotions granlund not so much. Datsyuk takes stupid penalties sometimes granlund never saw 1. That is part of hockey smartness aswell but it's good to have emotions aswell. I agree with the overhype with you but not that i overhype him.

172 PIM's in 662 NHL games

nepo

Nov 16, 2010
Helsinki
Yeah it's right to have own opinions. If i think his smarter than datsyuk that is my own opinion. There is 1 thing which seperate these 2 in my eyes. Datsyuk plays with emotions granlund not so much. Datsyuk takes stupid penalties sometimes granlund never saw 1. That is part of hockey smartness aswell but it's good to have emotions aswell. I agree with the overhype with you.

He didnt get a penalty for that cheapshot but still counts.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Thing is , you are making a judgement on a players intelligence when you have no way of knowing. You have no empirical data to back it up, you have literally no base to stand on. In those cases people are a little more careful than saying a 19year old is smarter than the player who came in NR1 in the nhl players poll who the smartest player in the league is. Outlandish statements like those , without any factual basis is the foundation of hype, just like Toews "intangibles" etc.

I base it from what i have seen. I've seen enought of both players to tell my opinion. I don't make your opinions.

RedLeader

Feb 13, 2008
I base it from what i have seen. I've seen enought of both players to tell my opinion. I don't make your opinions.

No you dont, but that is not what we are discussing is it. People who overhype players tend to always form their opinion by their "eyes" which is heavliy influenced by emotion and pre-concieved notions.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC

You are talking apples and oranges here, the other player plays in a vastly inferior league. Everyone has their opinions but yours aren't really based on anything solid.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
172 PIM's in 662 NHL games

I don't watch much regular season games off detroit but watched alot of playoff games and he has taken many penalties in a critical part of the game. Theres pure accidents but few of them have been absolutely stupid. I still think that granlund is slightly smarter but datsyuk is way more better hockey player. Granlund isn't even best player of his age group like someone stated he is just smart as hell i think everyone who has watched his games alot will agree.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Granlund is an awesome player but the hype over here is going a bit overboard. He's still a prospect, at least from the NHL's point of view and he has yet to prove himself in the highest level of competition.

Fortunately, I think Granlund is more mature than the majority of those who are hyping him here. He won't get ahead of himself.

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
Granlund is an awesome player but the hype over here is going a bit overboard. He's still a prospect, at least from the NHL's point of view and he has yet to prove himself in the highest level of competition.

Fortunately, I think Granlund is more mature than the majority of those who are hyping him here. He won't get ahead of himself.

i agree with this, he's an awesome player for his age, and as long as he has good players and coaches to learn off and continues to play a good solid game then he will be one of the best finnish players but right now he's still young and has a few things to learn, but sure im really impressed by him and i hope and i think he will become a great player :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad