GDT: Semifinal • Jan. 3 • United States 1, Canada 4 • Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
they should be kissing Campbell's goalie skates between periods...he's kept this game from being 6-0

bzer

Jan 31, 2009
Question for Americans: how do teams qualify for bowl games? i.e. why are Stanford and VTech playing?

manifesty

Dec 20, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Yep, the only people in America watching this game are the ones in this thread.

ESPN's John Buccigross was doing a hockey highlight this morning and mentioned that this game was on and the anchor with him looked at him like he had ten heads.

it definitely doesn't help that in canada hockey is on tsn/cbc, while here in america we've got this on the nhl network or streams. who has the nhl network?

interesting exchange right now on the nhl network stream about the hockey development program down here, and the resurgence of college hockey here in america.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
We don't give a **** about hockey. It's the simple truth. 99.9% of the country doesn't even know what the World Junior Championship is. We don't obsess over hockey like Canada. Football is our hockey but football is a solely American sport.

ever hear of the AHL and CFL?

SerbianHabs

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow,Russia
Correct. Man that guy was chunky. What happened to him?

Medvedev? had good reflexes and agility, went on to become a backup in the RSL for a season for Spartak, in around 2005 the Flames told him to lose some weight and they will bring him to the NHL. He ended up losing some weight but not enough. This was when he was playing in the Second division in Russia(1 level below RSL). This was when i was working on contract in Russia, i returned in 2009 and worked for another year but i never saw the guy in any KHL sides so i guess he just stuck to eating Donuts. Talented guy.

Sep 19, 2008
Question for Americans: how do teams qualify for bowl games? i.e. why are Stanford and VTech playing?

Bowl Game teams are determined by a computer and winning conferences. It's a long story and it's not for this thread.

Take it home Canada.

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
Last year everyone here was claiming that US Hockey is the superior program and is taking over, and now nobody cares about hockey in US?

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
This game certainly hasn't lived up to the previous contests between these teams.

As a hockey fan, I want the americans to make it interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad