Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
that can be said about every team

really it can be said?

tell me some usa players that can be still playing in the world jr's? how about russian players? how about czech players? how about sweden players.

the canadians are missing, duchene (colorado), skinner (carolina), hall (edmonton), O'reilly (colorado), sequin (boston).

and also not fully sure about where the cut off is for the tournament, but eberle, tavares, pietrangelo, del zotto, kadri are 20.

that is basically half the canadian team that is taken by nhl teams, that weren't able to come back to the tournament.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Visentin deflecting American chances, I'm tellin gyou that kid has a good game todaySo much about him being untested or letting in loose ones, he's played so WELL

OH MY

OH MY DID YOU SEE THAT

He's the number one goalie in the O, Campbell is #20, so yeah Visetin is pretty good

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Into the 3rd.

If Canada can hold their intensity, discipline and 200 ft play 8 minutes into the 3rd....

theories are great. Proof is best. :sarcasm:

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Congrats Canada. No one our sorry offense scores 3 goals in the 3rd period. Gotta give Canada's game plan major props, our skill has been completely stifled by the great forecheck and backcheck of the Canadians. Appears your guys just want it a little bit more.

AugustBurnsRed*

We don't give a **** about hockey. It's the simple truth. 99.9% of the country doesn't even know what the World Junior Championship is. We don't obsess over hockey like Canada. Football is our hockey but football is a solely American sport.

That's not fair. Sure many American's don't but a lot of people in northern America do.

JBIZ14

Nov 22, 2007
Lethbridge
We don't give a **** about hockey. It's the simple truth. 99.9% of the country doesn't even know what the World Junior Championship is. We don't obsess over hockey like Canada. Football is our hockey but football is a solely American sport.
Wat?

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
Done. US didn't even show up. This game is unwatchable from an American standpoint. Canadians owning every inch and team usa is just sitting there taking the beating.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon

Football must suck for you then as well?? seeing as your a skins fan :laugh:

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
And it's probably not even close. Tons of people would probably rather watch a re-run of the Orange Bowl than the WJC

Yep, the only people in America watching this game are the ones in this thread.

ESPN's John Buccigross was doing a hockey highlight this morning and mentioned that this game was on and the anchor with him looked at him like he had ten heads.

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
Question for American fans.... I know Canada has 75 % of the fans i believe TSN said and USA 25% but i would of thought throughout the whole tournament there would be more USA fans then canada with it being hosted in Buffalo, NY.... whats up with more canada fans going to all games in the tournament and not Americans

Dateline 1-3-2011: World Junior Championships Irrelevant to Americans

News @ 11.

Humphrey*

The bickering back and forth is dumb.

Anyway, I'm watching the Orange Bowl on TV, hockey online.

BlackAces*

LOLZ at the one man crusade to convince anyone who will listen that Americans don't care about hockey, but are really good at other sports.

LOL

kes17

Jul 5, 2009
Vancouver
Orange Bowl >>> WJC IMO.

Andrew Luck >>>>> any Canadian prospect.

Watching this ATM. Relying on this thread for updates.

They really should have limited Canadian attendance.... to 50%

haha I'm not sure what the attendance is for this game but i can guarantee it wouldn't be close to what it is now

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
If USA wins: Hahaha take that you cocky Canadians we beat u at ur own sport. America **** yeah!

If USA loses: Nobody cares :cry: I'm going to watch football

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site

It would probably be just as baffling to Americans to see how many people we get to college and high-school football games up here.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats Canada. No one our sorry offense scores 3 goals in the 3rd period. Gotta give Canada's game plan major props, our skill has been completely stifled by the great forecheck and backcheck of the Canadians. Appears your guys just want it a little bit more.

I don't agree. These tournaments are weird, you just never know. If that dressing room takes a deep breath during the intermission and realize their goalie has kept it from being a blow-out. . .we could see a very different third period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad