GDT: Semifinal • 05/22/10 • Russia 2, Germany 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Great game.

You just can't make gimmee mistakes when the opposition is so powerful.

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany
Schade, aber ein gutes Spiel Jungs!

Our players can hold their heads up high, overall good game.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
wonder who will be the player of the game for germany? :sarcasm:

and that was a lot of fun. for awhile there in the 3rd with the crowd it was easy to forget the game was tied

Mar 20, 2010
Thank goodness for Datsyuk; and it would be so typical of Russia to follow up this struggle-fest with a 5-1 win in the final or something.

Congrats to the German side and good luck to Bayern Munich!!!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Would have been interesting had this game gone to a shootout. Champions League final is scheduled to air on the same channel as this game in about a half an hour. Network avoided a scheduling nightmare.

FlyingPenguin

Apr 4, 2009
Kingston, ON
Malkin, Datsyuk and Kovalchuk on a line is just unfair. Not only do they have three of the best players in the world on one line, but they have great chemistry too. :amazed:

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
German's coach seems calm all the time, like he's having a fun time even after a loss. Thats nice to see in a coach.

Uwe looked the same in games too, always calm, always no worry attitude. glad to see him do so well as a coach

Postnova

May 20, 2010
Well like i said before datsyuk line decided the game.

If Russia win the championship is due to datsyuk,malkin,kovalchuk line.

Ovechkin completeluy out of shape.

Hopefuly bykov bring varlamov,nothing against kocheshkin today though....and semin.

lazerbullet

May 22, 2009
Europe
After seeing Ovechkin and Datsyuk at the Olympics and now WHC... it's Datsyuk>Ovechkin. And I don't care how many points and goals Ovie scores in the NHL.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Would have been interesting had this game gone to a shootout. Champions League final is scheduled to air on the same channel as this game in about a half an hour. Network avoided a scheduling nightmare.

def! the link i was watching barely stayed around once the final whistle sounded, had to get in their soccer commercials and over to the other studio

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Well like i said before datsyuk line decided the game.

If Russia win the championship is due to datsyuk,malkin,kovalchuk line.

Ovechkin completeluy out of shape.

Hopefuly bykov bring varlamov,nothing against kocheshkin today though....and semin.

He definitely looks more worn out than Datsyuk and Malkin who've played more hockey over the last two seasons than Ove.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
hats off germany! you've played very well. :handclap:

Indeed.

Now, it is time to go out tomorrow and win the Bronze.

Watching the GWG again, Gogulla REALLY needs to get that deep, and Zepp needs to have more confidence in his defenders ability to take away the pass. Zepp gets caught cheating to his left, and Datsyuk beats him high to his right.

Turning point of the game: Schütz not scoring on that shorthanded breakaway.

Excellent game for the Germans, no matter how dissapointing the end.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Well thats hockey. Congrats to both teams. Russia for the win and Germany for the good battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad