GDT: Semi Final: Canada Vs Finland | 1PM EST 7PM CET | CAN 5 - 0 FIN

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
SF2.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

Canada
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Nico Daws (G)
Joel Hofer (G)
Oliver Rodrigue (G)

Defensemen:
Kevin Bahl (D)
Calen Addison (D)
Bowen Byram (D)
Jacob Bernard-Docker (D)
Jamie Dysdale (D)
Jared McIssac (D)
Ty Smith (D)

Forwards
Liam Foudy (F)
Joel Valeno (F)
Raphael Lavoie (F)
Alexis Lafreniere (F)
Akil Thomas (F)
Connor McMichael (F)
Ty Dellandrea (F)
Quinton Byfield (F)
Dawson Mercer (F)
Dylan Cozens (F)
Aidan Dudas (F)
Barrett Hayton (F)
Nolan Foote (F)

full

Finland
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
PIIROINEN Kari (G)
ANNUNEN Justus (G)
PATRIKAINEN Jasper (G)

Defensemen:
HATAKKA Santeri (D)
HONKA Anttoni (D)
HEINOLA Ville (D)
KOKKONEN Mikko (D)
SEPPALA Peetro (D)
UTUNEN Toni (D)
NOUSIAINEN Kim (D)
THOMSON Lassi(D)

Forwards:
ERHOLTZ Eemil (F)
KILLINEN Lenni (F)
ODEN Joonas (F)
KUPARI Rasmus (F)
MACCELLI Matias (F)
PUISTOLA Patrik (F)
PETMAN Ville (F)
RANTA Sampo (F)
SAARELA Antti (F)
TANUS Kristian (F)
RATY Aatu (F)
RATY Aku (F)

Scratched:

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Nice try boys!!!

I say Finland hammers them, I will call Finland victory 7-2. I just can't see how they can possibly lose, the sisu, the defending gold medalists, winning the whc with no nhl players.............Finland is without question the massive favourite in this game.

I'm upping the ante on jinxes.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
What is it about Finland, without key players they are doing so well.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Luck, just luck. Canada will expose them!
Not a chance. maybe if all the Finnish players were to get loaded after yesterdays game and the party continued until the wee hours of tonight where they all ended up in a brawl where they were slashed open from head to toe with a bread knife and had their skates encased with concrete blocks would Canada possibly have a hope in hell of winning. And really, what's the odds of that happening?

You are simply too good.

Reactions: blindpass and Jaska

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Im a little shook about facing Finland

they know how to play in big games

Reactions: blindpass

Buttermilk

Dec 11, 2018
So much same than 2014.

2014: Finland won QF in the third period. Finland captain (Ristolainen) had been crap. The team as a whole was weak in material and we trust only our great goalie (Saros).
> Then came semi finals against Canada. Finland was a big underdog but we won 5-1!!

2020: Finland won QF in the third period. Finland captain (Thomson) is crap. The team as a whole is weak in material (exclude defence, but they were suck too) and we trust our great goalie (Annunen).

Now I don't believe the same but that's not first time when Finland surprised some country. btw I don't even remember last time when Finland lost semi final game... (2011-12)

edit typo

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'll say 3-2 Canada. I think that the first goal is very important because Canada will probably have problems if Finland falls into its shell.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
So much same than 2014.

2014: Finland won QF in the third period. Finland captain (Ristolainen) had been crap. The team as a whole was weak in material and we trust only our great goalie (Saros).
> Then came semi finals against Canada. Finland was a big underdog but we won 5-1!!

2020: Finland won QF in the third period. Finland captain (Thomson) is crap. The team as a whole is weak in material (exclude defence, but they were suck too) and we trust our great goalie (Annunen).

Now I don't believe the same but that's not first time when Finland surprised some country. btw I don't even remember last time when Finland lost semi final game... (2011-12)

edit typo
They will just have to play like they did yesterday against the U.S and they should be fine, but they won't be able to go in with underdog status tomorrow, that ship has sailed for them at the WJC.

Reactions: blindpass

Buttermilk

Dec 11, 2018
They will just have to play like they did yesterday against the U.S and they should be fine, but they won't be able to go in with underdog status tomorrow, that ship has sailed for them at the WJC.
That they always say. "Finland isn't underdog anymore" "We know them strenghts" or something crap. US coach didn't know who is Justus Annunen, that was funny. Unfortunately Canada is lost so many time against team Finland like last year and 2016.

Gonna be great game.. Can't wait!!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
That they always say. "Finland isn't underdog anymore" "We know them strenghts" or something crap. US coach didn't know who is Justus Annunen, that was funny. Unfortunately Canada is lost so many time against team Finland like last year and 2016.

Gonna be great game.. Can't wait!!
I wouldn't go as far to say "so many times" but enough lately that it should (better) motivate us.

I am counting on it. Yes, should be a great game, I can't wait either.

Reactions: Buttermilk

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
50-50 again.

I get on paper the Finns are missing some really good players and this isn't their best team (I know Canada is missing guys too but we're talking a considerably deeper talent pool) but they are so good at elimination games. They looked great in 3rd against US. Goalie looked great.

Laf might be a game breaker though, he's a step above to my eye.

2-2 after 60 minutes. I like both teams personally. I look forward to not being depressed watching a game.lol

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice try boys!!!

I say Finland hammers them, I will call Finland victory 7-2. I just can't see how they can possibly lose, the sisu, the defending gold medalists, winning the whc with no nhl players.............Finland is without question the massive favourite in this game.

I'm upping the ante on jinxes.
Expert level

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad