Speculation: Sell , Sell , Sell

Crow

May 19, 2014
So you don’t believe that management was spewing PR bull**** when they said this is a playoff team?
I think management wants to see this team compete for a playoff spot. I don’t think they believe they are a playoff team, but I do think they believe they are close. And to their credit they have been close in the standings. Some distance is just starting to emerge.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
I respect the management because they made a move to put a better team on the ice. Strome looked good out there. I don't believe the team is as bad as it is, its just that there's no consistency in the compete level.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Put AA at 3C and on the PK and leave him there. If he can do those things, he should be able to bring a 1st and a B prospect at the deadline.
Whomever said Crawford for Bennett/Smith/2nd, I completely agree. Do that trade. The other thing is just terminate Ward and bring up Forsberg. See if he's improved any since last year. If you can't lose Ward, I don't care bring up Forsberg anyway and give him the backup time.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The consistency and compete level has been an issue since 2016-2017. Remember Q getting pissed about the compete level many times that year.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
I would see what the return for Anisimov is now, and if it is acceptable, I would move him. The team would be better off without him. Anisimov is a defensive liability. A third line of Perlini (or Fortin) - Kampf - Kahun would be more defensively reliable and faster to boot.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I would see what the return for Anisimov is now, and if it is acceptable, I would move him. The team would be better off without him. Anisimov is a defensive liability. A third line of Perlini (or Fortin) - Kampf - Kahun would be more defensively reliable and faster to boot.
What has Anisimov been doing irresponsibly that’s caught your ire?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
can't disagree with this, try and and sell both anisimov and crawford they should have sold AA last season and they should sell Crow anytime now.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
No one is willing to buy garbage, they will gladly take all your good young guys tho, who’s next? Cat is next to go, Stan needs to go before he collects all the league garbage and places it on this team while losing all the young studs.

Crow

May 19, 2014
What’s crow have as far as trade clauses?

Please tell me Anisimov has none for once.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
No one is willing to buy garbage, they will gladly take all your good young guys tho, who’s next? Cat is next to go, Stan needs to go before he collects all the league garbage and places it on this team while losing all the young studs.

I have been on board with stan being fired for some time, no skin off my back; he has done some good but the bad certainly outwieghs that

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Here are the priorities of our sale:

1. Seabrook (no chance with contract and NTC)
2. Anisimov (he can be valuable for a contender)
3. Kruger (a contender might need a PKer / 4C)
4. Hayden (becomes expendable with Strome & Perlini)
5. Manning (can we send him to Switzerland)
6. Crow (I'm not sure if we'll contend next year)
7. Saad (recent play could make him an attractive asset)
8. Keith (If he wants to retire w/a contender, let him)
9. Murphy (doubt any takers for his contract & bad back)

Honestly, I would cut Rutta, Kunitz, Manning, Davidson, Martinsen, and Ward if the Hawks have capable youngsters to take their spots.

I'm okay with Kahun, Kampf, Cat, Strome, Perlini, Forsling, Joker, and Gus getting significant ice time and experience. We also need to find out if Murphy, Sikura, Hayden, and Fortin are part of the rebuild.

Kane and Toews will never be traded unless asked. We have to accept that.

I'm okay with keeping Murphy, Saad, Crow, and Keith ... but we need to define their roles going forward. Otherwise, they cost too much just to keep around for the sake of possibly contending.

Reactions: LDF

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
No reason to cut Ward.
Probably not ... but if we're going to suck, I want to see if Forsberg or Delia is part of our future. Playing Ward isn't going to help the Hawks as I don't believe a team will trade for him.

Of course, if Crow is on the block ... that's a different story.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Probably not ... but if we're going to suck, I want to see if Forsberg or Delia is part of our future. Playing Ward isn't going to help the Hawks as I don't believe a team will trade for him.

Of course, if Crow is on the block ... that's a different story.

They can still call them up without cutting him.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I can deal with the 1 year contract. It's Manning's 2 year deal that's maddening.

ward, kunitz at one year was a complete waste of time and money that only sets the organization back.
manning at two years was even worse
Ruuta's signing was ridiculous and a waste of a contract

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Here are the priorities of our sale:

1. Seabrook (no chance with contract and NTC)
2. Anisimov (he can be valuable for a contender)
3. Kruger (a contender might need a PKer / 4C)
4. Hayden (becomes expendable with Strome & Perlini)
5. Manning (can we send him to Switzerland)
6. Crow (I'm not sure if we'll contend next year)
7. Saad (recent play could make him an attractive asset)
8. Keith (If he wants to retire w/a contender, let him)
9. Murphy (doubt any takers for his contract & bad back)

Honestly, I would cut Rutta, Kunitz, Manning, Davidson, Martinsen, and Ward if the Hawks have capable youngsters to take their spots.

I'm okay with Kahun, Kampf, Cat, Strome, Perlini, Forsling, Joker, and Gus getting significant ice time and experience. We also need to find out if Murphy, Sikura, Hayden, and Fortin are part of the rebuild.

Kane and Toews will never be traded unless asked. We have to accept that.

I'm okay with keeping Murphy, Saad, Crow, and Keith ... but we need to define their roles going forward. Otherwise, they cost too much just to keep around for the sake of possibly contending.

excellent work up.... very complete

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad