Speculation: Sell , Sell , Sell

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
hqdefault.jpg

Time to move on from Crawford and Anisimov. Both probably get best value of Hawks who are reasonably expected to be moved and aren't held back by contract/performance issues

Love Crawford but 6M for a goalie on rebuilding club is not reasonable. Moving both of those guys would open up 10M+ to shop in UFA market this summer

The Kane , Toews , Seabrook and Keith stuff is never happening nor should it (In Kane/Keith case and to lesser extent Toews)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I wonder if Philly would have any interest in Corey Crawford. With the gm change and such.
Anisimov I would love to see moved for some picks.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Can’t disagree on either. Unfortunately, this isn’t getting turned around quick enough for either to be a part of the next wave.

We could really use a guy like Hagg if it would be possible to pry him from Philly.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
We need help upfront more then defenders longterm and I am not a fan of Hagg

I peg value of Crawford with no salary retention at solid prospect + 2nd rounder. From Flyers if they were involved I think taking one of the crappy goalies off there hands (Neuvirth most likely) and getting Vorobyov + 2nd would be type of deal that would materialize

Vorbyov is solid young player with good upside while 2nd would be good for rebuild. Clearing 6M in cap would be potentially huge

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
We need help upfront more then defenders longterm and I am not a fan of Hagg

I peg value of Crawford with no salary retention at solid prospect + 2nd rounder. From Flyers if they were involved I think taking one of the crappy goalies off there hands (Neuvirth most likely) and getting Vorobyov + 2nd would be type of deal that would materialize

Vorbyov is solid young player with good upside while 2nd would be good for rebuild. Clearing 6M in cap would be potentially huge

Here’s the thing, there isn’t much out there in UFA for D-men but forward is quite deep.

If we’re clearing all of this space, the options are forwards and Bobrovsky. Though we could get picks back for AA and CC and flip them for players. I don’t know anything about Vorobyov so I’ll take your word for it but agree to disagree on Hagg, I liked him last year and think he is improving a lot this year, reminds me of Hammer.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Don’t agree with moving Crawford. Then we sign a free agent get a great draft pick and have no goalie. We don’t have a great system of goalies here. What’s the plan there?

Let’s trade him to philly so we can become philly?

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Don’t agree with moving Crawford. Then we sign a free agent get a great draft pick and have no goalie. We don’t have a great system of goalies here. What’s the plan there?

You’re not wrong. I’d look to move him for a more defensive minded type defenseman. We’ll need both. We’re in a tough spot here. I’m just wondering how far off we are in terms of years and how Crow fits in that.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

This team is years away from competing, we’ll need a new goalie by then anyway

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Crawford will be turning 34 in a month

Really no reason to hold onto him when we are rebuilding. Even if we retool in offseason the soon to be 35 yr old Crawford would be moving toward FA

We need to bring in a young goalie via trade or a stopgap #1 soon anyway
Totally agree, get something good for Crawford while you have the chance. Lets get a full tank going instead of going half in maybe we are good but maybe we aren’t.

Too bad it’ll be impossible to trade Keith the way he’s playing. Sucks that him and Seabrook take up two roster spots next year. I don’t care what anyone says, this team does not need their “veteran presence”

Crow

May 19, 2014
Crawford will be turning 34 in a month

Really no reason to hold onto him when we are rebuilding. Even if we retool in offseason the soon to be 35 yr old Crawford would be moving toward FA

We need to bring in a young goalie via trade or a stopgap #1 soon anyway
I don’t see the hawks doing anything near a full rebuild.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don’t see the hawks doing anything near a full rebuild.

I agree that is why I am not making unrealistic Keith/Kane/Toews stuff

But Crawford and Anisimov are the most valuable trade chips Hawks have and Crawford is only part of core not signed to an essentially career as Hawk contract

Hawks are in a partial rebuild or in best case scenario retool which still means Crawford and AA are guys that you look to move

Reactions: Crow

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
That would be another reason trading him is unrealistic. If we trade him we have no control over situation and Keith would certainly have no reason not to simply retire when time comes

Agreed, Keith is staying and could still be a good third pairing D I think. I think he just needs his minutes cut down a lot and he’ll be fine. Or least it will limit the damage. But yeah, he can’t go unless it is an injury Hossa situation because like you said, we can’t risk him hanging it up somewhere else.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I agree that is why I am not making unrealistic Keith/Kane/Toews stuff

But Crawford and Anisimov are the most valuable trade chips Hawks have and Crawford is only part of core not signed to an essentially career as Hawk contract

Hawks are in a partial rebuild or in best case scenario retool which still means Crawford and AA are guys that you look to move
I don’t envision any realistic trades in which trading Crawford does anything but open up a giant gaping hole in goal for the foreseeable future. If there is one beyond my limited imagination I’d be interested. I expect this team is going to try to compete for a cup next year. It doesn’t matter if I think that’s realistic or not.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Charlie Lindgren from Montreal is someone we should look into whether or not we move Crow.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I don’t envision any realistic trades in which trading Crawford does anything but open up a giant gaping hole in goal for the foreseeable future. If there is one beyond my limited imagination I’d be interested. I expect this team is going to try to compete for a cup next year. It doesn’t matter if I think that’s realistic or not.

The hole exists for the foreseeable future with or without Crawford. He won’t be the goalie when this team is competing again.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Crow

May 19, 2014
The hole exists for the foreseeable future with or without Crawford. He won’t be the goalie when this team is competing again.
I don’t think your opinion is similar to those who manage the team. I believe management thinks this team will be turned around very quickly.

Crow

May 19, 2014
In fact I highly doubt management has given up on this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad