TSN: Sekeres says Canucks are no longer being considered by Lucic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
If Chiarelli planned for this and made that trade before hand, then he is a moron. There is no way he made that trade with the assumption of Lucic signing. That would be extremely unprofessional

Why would it be "extremely unprofessional"? They have a very good idea of whether or not a player will commit, they just can't announce it until tomorrow.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
So no one can answer if Doug Maclean is reliable and if his statement of Lucic possibly resigning with LA is infact true or just speculation

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
So no one can answer if Doug Maclean is reliable and if his statement of Lucic possibly resigning with LA is infact true or just speculation

Doug MacLean is not a guy I would care about in term so what he says. He's just trying to get hits.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

I think he was just speculating. I've never actually seen him ever call any trades or signings. I'm sure he'd have some NHL sources being a former GM but I'm not sure he's all that credible.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Why would it be "extremely unprofessional"? They have a very good idea of whether or not a player will commit, they just can't announce it until tomorrow.

Because there's 0 guarantee that Lucic doesn't find a deal he likes better somewhere else and tells Chia "sorry, actually going somewhere else."

OR

Seeing how Stamkos is no longer available teams up their bid and Lucic says "match what they're offering and it's a deal."

Chia has no power in these situations. Hell, trade LAK a 7th rounder if you've got a deal in place and get him to sign before tomorrow. The market got flipped on it's head and Chia has to react now.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Can't say I blame him. Vancouver is probably at least 5 years away from contending for anything, and that's only if they decide to start rebuilding this year. Edmonton can pay him and they're up and coming. Seems like a no brainier.

SvenBaertschi

Not Sven Baerschi
Aug 19, 2012
THANK GOD, I think Lucic is a decent player but whoever signs him will have an albatross of a contract.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Because there's 0 guarantee that Lucic doesn't find a deal he likes better somewhere else and tells Chia "sorry, actually going somewhere else."

OR

Seeing how Stamkos is no longer available teams up their bid and Lucic says "match what they're offering and it's a deal."

Chia has no power in these situations. Hell, trade LAK a 7th rounder if you've got a deal in place and get him to sign before tomorrow. The market got flipped on it's head and Chia has to react now.

I'm not worried.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
I'd still like him to sign in edmonton tomorrow but wont die if he doesnt. There are other wingers that can come cheaper and for less term if we strike out. Somebody to fill a role for awhile.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
No Lucic for Vancouver?

tumblr_n9qr21CwOA1smcbm7o1_500.gif

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Lucic re-signs in LA tomorrow leaving Edmonton holding their c**ks. LAK actual contends, when have the Oilers improved?

Cquant

May 14, 2015
The Mcdavid Lucic combo will very much haunt the Canucks for the next 4 years.

And it'll haunt Edmonton the 2 years after that :D

Anyone else looking forward to Ryan Miller vs Milan Lucic brawls, i.e. Lucic fighting Gudbranson (Maybe Pedan/Tryamkin) every game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad