Seidenberg injures Puljujarvi on knee on knee hit

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
Dirty hit, any info how's pulju?

Scrub like Seidencrap injuring him is just sad.

Lol wtf? Seidencrap? Seidenberg if he was Finnish would be at worst a top5 NHL defenseman for your country all time. Way to make an ass out of yourself.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Lol wtf? Seidencrap? Seidenberg if he was Finnish would be at worst a top5 NHL defenseman for your country all time. Way to make an ass out of yourself.

Numminen
Timonen
Lumme
Siltanen
Ruotsalainen
Salo
Niinimaa
Pitkanen
Lydman
Rautakallio

And the best of them Aki Berg.

So definitely no top5. Top10 probably no too.

But Seidenberg is definitely not a scrub career-wise like he said.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
Ahhhhhh, Oilers fans complaining about someone being dirty, when they praise a hit like this....... :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Seidenberg didn't look to stick his knee out though. Hope pool party is ok. He's more fun to watch then Laine IMO

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Now this is turning into a Seidenberg bashing thread? He's never done anything dirty in his career, including this hit.

Seidenberg suffered a severe knee injury a couple years back if I recall correctly? Tore his ACL and MCL didn't he?

I want to think it was more of a bang-bang type high speed play without intent to do that. Nothing suggests Seidenberg is a guy who would target knees (like a Marchment type player), guys who suffer knee injuries like Seidenberg did generally don't wish that pain on others or target other players knees.

I hated seeing that happen to Pulju, knee on knees are among the worst plays in hockey. Thankfully it only appears to be a charley horse.

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013
Ahhhhhh, Oilers fans complaining about someone being dirty, when they praise a hit like this....... :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Seidenberg didn't look to stick his knee out though. Hope pool party is ok. He's more fun to watch then Laine IMO

Turned his head and saw him coming. Something something take the hit something something.

Am I picking up the theme of this thread yet?

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Watched the replay a dozen times, and as much as I like Pulju, it was kinda on him. He tried to squeak out of the hit in the last second instead of embracing it. I just hope he's okay.

This.

and as far as seidencrap...he has 8 pts, 4 goals 4 assists and is +10 after 13 games.

Playing like a top pairing guy right now. What a steal.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

I just needed to bash him. That said top 5 all time not buying it

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Just a case of an older, slower player getting caught. Seids was totally expecting Pulju to go wide when JP made that aggressive cut to the middle of the ice, Seidenberg was already lining up the hit on the boards and in that split second decision it's either get burnt for a scoring chance or just try to get a piece of the man and that what seidenberg did.

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
Numminen
Timonen
Lumme
Siltanen
Ruotsalainen
Salo
Niinimaa
Pitkanen
Lydman
Rautakallio

And the best of them Aki Berg.

So definitely no top5. Top10 probably no too.

But Seidenberg is definitely not a scrub career-wise like he said.

No to Lydman, Salo, Niinimaa. Seidenberg at his peak was better, an absolute warrior during the cup run. Pitkanen's NHL career, as well as of some older guys you listed, was too short.

Anyway, the point was the ridiculously ****** post of your country man. Seidenberg doesn't deserve it, just as you said.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Just a case of an older, slower player getting caught. Seids was totally expecting Pulju to go wide when JP made that aggressive cut to the middle of the ice, Seidenberg was already lining up the hit on the boards and in that split second decision it's either get burnt for a scoring chance or just try to get a piece of the man and that what seidenberg did.

Exactly this. Pulj was about to burn him and when you watch it slo-mo on YT and squint you can almost see the "oh ****, getting burnt here, a hail mary knee out!" going through his mind.

Glad that he got his thigh more than knee.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
No to Lydman, Salo, Niinimaa. Seidenberg at his peak was better, an absolute warrior during the cup run. Pitkanen's NHL career, as well as of some older guys you listed, was too short.

Anyway, the point was the ridiculously ****** post of your country man. Seidenberg doesn't deserve it, just as you said.

Salo > Seidenberg. At their respective peaks and legacy wise. Seidenberg ranks higher than Niinimaa and Pitkänen though due to longevity despite not having as good prime.

But you're right, Seids doesn't deserve to be called a scrub. He was a very good top 4 D in Boston.

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
This is it. Don't want to see anyone getting a knee injury but trying to avoid inevitable contact can be dangerous.

You don't try to get hit on the dump and chase in hockey just like you're not supposed to stick your knee out when you pick your spot terribly, step up and get beat

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
Huokaus. In Soviet Finland the pizza eats you, that's the Pulju for you all :) Next game producing is to be anticipated, you wait and see.

Measles

Oct 30, 2015
Calgary
Jeez, why is this thread still going? Edm fan here saying I don't think it was intentional. It was a bit recklass, but dirty implies to me intentional and I think he just committed to the hit and didn't adjust his body position when Pulju tried to sidestep.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Hope he fully recovers and this injury doesn't prevent him from reaching his full potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad