Seidenberg injures Puljujarvi on knee on knee hit

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
Not good but it didn't look dirty. He doesn't stick the leg out. Was going for the body. Just an unfortunate accident

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
Barclay's ice is cursed. Hamonic, Kassian, Puljujarvi all out. :shakehead

Not calling it a dirty play but he didn't exactly seem remorseful. No response by the Oilers also..

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That's tough, feel so bad for him. His game has improved so ....ng much in the last 3-4 games and his skating looked sharp tonight. Looked like the rust from knee surgery was starting to be gone and this......................... :help:

Please let him be alright.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
He only intentionally hit him knee on knee, apparently that's not a dirty play anymore. Does Marchment have multiple accounts here or something?

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Seidenberg was just going for a regular hit, Puljujarvi tried to squeeze out of the way and got the trailing knee hit only. No fault on Seids. Just unfortunate.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Pulju was just starting to play really well and find his game too. This sucks.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
This is what happens when players are afraid to take a hit. There's too much jumping out of the way and back turning going on now.

Not saying he was necessarily afraid, but I agree that players just need to take the hit more often. This is a case where if he had just run into Seids worst case is he's on his butt.

BruinsNeedaRussian

Nov 21, 2009
No. This is what happens when players stick their knee out trying to hit a guy.

His knee does not appear to be extended outside of his frame. Not significantly at least.

At most this is reckless, not dirty. HF needs to get past the idea that every play resulting in an injury is dirty. Sometimes there is simply an unfortunate result from a normal play.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Too many players are getting injured with knee on knee hit ... time to ban it.
Players should respect other players careers.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I don't think it's super dirty but it's not really all that clean either. A penalty is fine.

Sucks for Puljujarvi though

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
Watched the replay a dozen times, and as much as I like Pulju, it was kinda on him. He tried to squeak out of the hit in the last second instead of embracing it. I just hope he's okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad